Best Friends With Benefits - Part 9

*Evie’s POV*

“You bitch” Joe shouted after Liv had smacked him across the face, and quite rightly too. Think she beat Dan to it by a millisecond. 

The next second I see him backhand her, she fell backwards into our table, her head hitting it before anything else.

“Liv” I screamed rushing over to her, she wasn’t moving and had a cut on her forehead which was gushing out blood down her face. I wasn’t sure what was going on with the boys but they had taken it outside.

“Is she okay?” A girl asked me handing me a cloth for her head.

“I duno, can you ring an ambulance please” I say panicking and pressing the cloth to her head.

“One is one the way” another member of staff spoke. I glanced up to see her looking at us, “I called them when I saw her fall”

“Thank you” I smile

“Hey , wake up” I say stroking Liv’s head gently. “Wake up Liv.” I watch her eyes slowly flicker open and panic struck her face.

“Shh , it’s okay. Just lie there”

“No, I’m fine” she insisted like the stubborn thing she is. Another thing we are alike in, being stubborn. I let her sit up slowly, keeping the cloth firmly pressed on her head.

“Ouch” Liv moaned

“Sorry” I sighed, releasing some of the pressure

About ten minutes later a very good looking paramedic walked through the door.

“Over here” I shout and he walks over to us

“Hey darling, my name’s Ryan. How you feeling?” he asks her

“It hurts” 

“Are you feeling dizzy or sick?” he replied shining a small light into her eyes.

“Dizzy a bit, don’t feel sick though”

“Okay, can you stand up?”

“I can try”

I placed my arm around Liv’s waist, steadying her to her feet. The hot paramedic grabbed her arm and led her outside, I was right behind them.

“Cheers” I smile at the staff as I walk out

“Oh my god” Luke says coming over with a red mark to his cheek.

“I’m fine” Liv smiled as she stepped into the ambulance, holding the cloth to her head

“Where’s Dan?” I ask Luke and he nodded behind him where I saw Dan talking to a police man.

“What going on?”

“Joe’s been arrested for assault on Liv.”

“Good. So why is Dan talking to the police?”

“Telling them what happened. I have to speak to them in a minute”

“Okay, well I better go with Liv. I’ll let you know what happens at the hospital.”

“We’ll come straight over  when we’re done. No doubt Dan will want to see Liv.”

“Yes he will” I smile giving him a hug and he places a kiss against my cheek. I climb into the back of the ambulance, sitting next to Liv linking my fingers through hers. Dan and Liv were incredibly close, closer than me and Luke. But no way near as close and me and Liv. She was my twin; I knew ever little detail about her and vice versa. We even could sense each other sometimes which was weird.  Like when I broke my left arm falling out a tree when we were seven. Liv was complaining her left arm was aching as well, the doctor said it can happen with twins, especially identical ones like us. Something happens to one twin and the other can sense it or feel it.  I hope it doesn’t happen if one of us gives birth.