After The Benefits End - Part 35

*Evie’s POV*

I woke up the next morning and the first thing I did was check my phone to see if Liv has replied to my messages...but she hadn’t.

I wrapped my dressing gown around me and went downstairs to make some breakfast. I put a put a fry up in for the boys and made myself, beans on toast.

“Luke I’ve made you breakfast .” I say waking him up.

“Urm...thank you baby. But you didn’t have to. You shouldn’t be doing things.” He smiled opening his eyes, then rubbing my growing bump.

“Luke I’m pregnant not dying.” I giggle leaning in to kiss him

“Yea I know. I just want to protect you. I couldnt cope if anything happened to either of you.”

“Baby nothing’s going to happen to us.” I smile moving closer to him.

"I know, it’s just so scary how everything seems to be going perfect for us and everything has crumbled for Liv and Dan. I'm worried something’s going to happen."

I stroked his cheek gently making him look at me.

"Just because it wasn't our relationship doesn't mean we haven't been affected by it. I can feel the pain they’re going through just as much as you can. They're family. Their pain is ours."

He nodded slowly pulling me into a hug. "I love you." He whispers down my ear causing goosebumps to appear over my body.

"I love you too."

I kissed him gently before getting off the bed. "Foods downstairs, I'm gona go tell Dan."

I walk into his room only to find it empty. I walk down the stairs and slowly open Liv’s bedroom door to see Dan curled up asleep under her quilt with her monkey teddy bear. He had what looked like a scrap book open on the bed. I decided to leave him sleep, I’d put his food in the oven so he could heat it up later.

I closed the door and made my way downstairs before snuggling up on the sofa with Luke after he had finished his breakfast.

“What you doing today then baby?” Luke asked, running his fingers through my hair

“Me and the girls have our last dress fittings before the wedding.” I smile

“Is Liv going?”

I shrugged my shoulders before looking up at him, “I hope so. I need her there.”

“She won’t miss it, you know she won’t”

“I know, but we’ve hurt her.”

“I know, I know. But she won’t hurt you like that, she can’t take back not coming to our wedding.”

“I miss her already.”

“I miss her too.” He sighed stroking my bump

I cuddled up to Luke for a little while longer before walking up to our bedroom. 

“Fancy some company in the shower?" Luke cheekily grinned at me

"I'd love some." I smiled, walking into our en suite removing my clothes on the way in, quickly followed by Luke.  

We eventually made our way out of the bathroom before getting dressed. I dried and straightened my hair before applying my make-up. 

"What you doing today?" I ask Luke looking at him lay on our bed through the mirror

"Just gona chill here with Dan I think. Sort out my stag night on Saturday."