After The Benefits End - Part 49

“This is where we’re staying?” I gasp looking up at this magnificent hotel.

“Yea …come on let’s check in.” Dan smiled

Considering it had been a bitch of a nine hour flight it was only two in the afternoon here with the time difference, but we were both surprisingly awake. 

Once we had checked in, we made our way up to our room to drop our luggage off, freshen up before exploring. Linking our fingers together we set off from our hotel and headed towards the empire state building. In the lift on the way up made me feel so queasy, it was so high...1,050 feet to be precise. Stepping out onto the 86th-floor observation took my breath away. You could literally see for miles and miles it was amazing. Spotting the iconic places in Manhattan from this height was fun, Macy’s, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge. We took a few photos and asked someone passing by if they could take one of us together. After a while we made our way back down and wandered around before going to a small restaurant for dinner. By the time we were going to order dessert we were knackered. They say to jump in with the time zone to stop jet lag but I couldn’t stay awake for much longer…eight o clock was my deadline. We jumped in a yellow cab back to the hotel, quickly stripped to our underwear and crashed out, exhaustion taking over.

We woke up on our own the next morning letting our bodies take the much needed rest. To my surprise it was only nine thirty so we got dressed quickly and made our way down for breakfast. Dan stuffed his face with pancakes, muffins, waffles, everything…he made the most of the buffet breakfast. I got myself some beans on toast…definitely a new craving of mine and I was enjoying it. Going back up to get dressed we once again made our way out into the city. I loved being a little tourist and Dan was more than willing to accompany me to the places I wanted to go.  Heading back into time square we spent some time shopping. Going into M&M world was amazing but I refused to buy anything so early into our holiday, telling a pouting Dan we would definitely return to buy something before we went home. Next few hours we spent in Madame Tussauds having our pictures taken with all the waxworks in there before having lunch. We spotted the naked cowboy in his tiny white pants singing away before popping into Toys ‘R’ Us to see if there actually was a Ferris wheel inside and there was.

The next two days we did a lot of the same things, going to Grand Central Station and The Met Museum. I woke up on New Year’s Eve so excited, I actually couldn’t wait to spend New Year in Times Square. It was something I’d always wanted to do. Calling room service for breakfast today, we didn’t want to leave the hotel room.

“I swear I’m gona be so fat after this trip.” Dan laughed laying flat on his back rubbing his stomach…which was still toned as anything.

“You, fat?” I laughed

“I didn’t think the Americans ate this much. I know I can eat but wow.”

“It’s America Dan…everything here is bigger.” I giggled.

“Okay, I have all of today and tonight planned so you can’t be asking me questions and stuff. You just have to go with it.”

“Fine.” I grinned I was so excited.

Getting out of bed I headed for the bathroom, letting my top and shorts fall to the floor. I walked in and turned on the shower allowing it to warm up.

I was just about to get in when two warm hands drifted around my waist. “Hey handsome.”

“Baby you have no idea how sexy that was watching you strip off like that.”

“I didn’t do anything.” I laughed turning in his arms and realising he was naked as well.

“Oh baby…you did.” He grinned leaning in to kiss me. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled my body closer to his. His arms wrapped under my legs effortlessly, lifting me up onto the side unit. I tangled my legs around his waist bring us closer, his lips leaving hot kisses down my jaw line and neck as he slowly pushed himself into me. Bringing our lips back together, Dan secured his arms around me, his hands clamped to my thighs as he carried me into the shower where we continued. The hot water pelting down on our bodies. Finishing up, I placed my feet back on the floor before pulling Dan in close for a slow kiss.