After The Benefits End - Part 23

*Liv’s POV*

I was numb, this couldn’t be happening. I looked at her in shock, “excuse me...what?”

“I’m so sorry, didn’t you know you were pregnant?” she gasped and I shook my head before Evie pulled me into a hug.

“I’ll give you some time alone, I’ll come back later so we can talk.” The nurse said before leaving us alone.

“I’m so sorry .” Evie whispered to me, gently stroking my head.

I pulled away, tears falling down my cheeks. “Why can’t anything good just happen to me?” I cried, curling my arms around my knees.

“I’m so sorry” Evie cried sitting next to me on my bed and pulling in into her as I cried.

“Did you not know you were pregnant?”

“No...but I’ve been distracted lately. Not really been paying attention to my calendar.”

I heard two voices outside the doors, I guess Dan was here. My head turned to the door, as Evie looked at me.

“You want me to go get Dan?”

“No.” I reply bluntly

“He needs to know .”

I didn’t reply to her, I rolled over facing the wall. Wrapping my arms around my stomach and pulling the blanket up to my chin. I just let all my tears fall. I heard her sigh before walking out the room, leaving me some time on my own.

*Dan POV*

I eventually found the ward, now to find her room. I saw Luke stood in the corridor so least I’d found it.

“What you doing out here?” I ask glancing at the door

“Liv’s just woke up...” he begins

“Oh my, really? Is she okay? Can I see her?” I begin to babble.

“Yea everything is fine, the nurse is with her and Evie at the moment, she had something to tell her.”

“Oh right...do you know what?”

“No, I gave them time to talk; she just wanted Evie with her.”

“Okay....has she asked about me?” I mumble quietly before looking at him.

“Yea, she doesn’t want to see you.” He replied, looking at me apologetically.

“Oh...but I need to…” I begin as the door opens and the nurse walks out.

“Are we allowed in?” Luke asked

“You may need to give her time, she’s in shock and extremely upset.” She replied before walking away

“What’s happened?” I ask Luke but he shrugs his shoulders

“I’m going in.” I say reaching for the door handle but it opens again and a very teary eyed Evie walks out.

“What’s happened ?” Luke asked pulling her into a hug but she shook her head.

“Can I see her?” I ask Evie and she looks at me, tears running down her cheeks

“To be honest Dan...I think you are gona be the last person she wants to see but the person she needs the most right now.”

I sighed and nodded, what was I to do? I needed to see her...speak to her...but I understand why she doesn’t want to see me.

“Here’s the food, I’m not so hungry anymore.” I replied passing them the bags of food before walking down the corridor to the main doors.