After The Benefits End - Part 38

It had been three days since I’d come home and things still weren’t back to normal. I was no longer the loud, bubbly girl I used to be. All I did now was sit up in my room or curled up on the sofa watching re-runs of friends. Everyone understood so left me to it but I just felt so lonely.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, 3.39pm. Dan finished work at 4.00. Things between us were still the same, awkward hugs and conversations but it was getting better, I guess it was just going to take time. I didnt want to lose him, I couldn’t. It just fitted together, he was the other half of my jigsaw.

I got up off the sofa and up to my bedroom to have a nice long soak in the bath. I ran the hot water before stripping off and wrapping my huge white fluffy towel around my body. Grabbing my hair grip from the side of my mirror, I put my hair up before plugging in my ipod for some relaxing music.

“Livvvvv.” I heard Evie shout before barging into my bedroom.

“What?” I ask turning to face her

“Tea’s nearly done if you fancy...oh my god.”

“What?” I ask again

“Your neck.”

“Shit.” I mumble letting my hair fall down to cover it...I forgot that was on show.

“...” Evie sighs coming over to me and pulling me into a hug causing me to break down on her shoulder.

“‘Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

“I was about to...then Luke came into your room talking about food.”

“But that was like three days ago now.” She replies pulling away from me, wiping my tears.

“Yea I know.” I mumble

“Does Dan know about it?” she asked and I shook my head

“I can’t have him near me, he tried kissing my neck the other night and I just pushed him away.’

“ you need to talk to him...explain how you’re feeling. Show him. He’ll understand.”

“I can’t...it’ll repulse him. It repulses me”

“...just talk to him. He’s been so lost without you, and now he’s got you back but you’re still not here if you get me.”

I looked at her confused before sighing and nodding. “You never used to sleep on your own, you two were inseparable even when you weren’t together but now...you’re acting like strangers who occasionally hug.”

“I hate it.”

“Then talk to him and change it. I can tell it’s killing him being this close to you yet so far away.”

“I’ll talk to him soon.”

“Tonight...the wedding’s in a week and I’d love for you two to be back on track.”

“Fingers crossed. I miss him.”

“Just talk to him he misses you too.”

She pulls me into another hug before walking to my bedroom door. “By the way, Im cooking tea, be about half an hour so be out and ready.”

“Okay.” I smile heading towards my bathroom door. I needed to sort things out with Dan before I lost him.

I clipped my hair back up before slipping my towel off and getting into the bath. Just what I needed to relax. About twenty minutes later I emerged looking like a prune but completely relaxed, I loved having long baths just to chill out.