After The Benefits End - Part 16

I ended up walking to the park and over to our tree. I saw where Dan had cut our initials into the tree and the tears began to flow once more. I rubbed my finger over the markings before walking away, my heart aching. I just kept walking, not really paying much attention to where I was going. Before i knew it I was near Jayden’s flat. I still saw him from time to time, which was really nice. Wonder if he’s free?

*ring ring*

J: “Hey hun”

M: “Hey Jay, you free?”

J: Yea, just chilling in my flat, how come?”

M: “I’m outside, fancy coming to let me in?”

J: “Sure , I’ll be down now.”

M: “Okay see you in a min.”

I hung up the phone and walked round the corner to the doors, a couple of seconds later Jayden appeared letting me in.

As soon as he saw me he pulled me into a hug, “ what’s happened?”

I sighed and looked at him, my eyes brimming with tears. “Long story.”

“Well the kettle’s boiling as we speak, come on in and explain.” He smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we walked up to his flat.

I was sat in his living room explain everything to him about me and Dan when his phone rang. He left the room and my phone began to ring.

Caller – Dan x

I declined the call but he rang again. I left it go to voicemail then a text came through.

*buzz buzz*

[Tink please come back. I’m sorry about before, my head is in such a mess right now. You know I don’t think that of you, but Amy wouldn’t lie about it. Guess things just got lost in translation. Please come home so we can talk things through. I am not letting you leave me, I made that promise to you and I’m standing by it. I love you so much baby girl, I fought for you and now I have you. I’m not letting you go for no one so come home please, i’m worried. Love you, your Romeo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Before I could reply Jayden walked back into the living room followed by a petite brunette.

“Liv, this is Katy.” He smiled warily

“Oh hi.” I smiled, wiping my tears away. Getting up and giving her a hug

“You okay?” she asked sitting down

“Not really.” I sighed before drinking some more of my tea.

“I know this might be weird me being here...” I began

“ no. I know you and Jay were together but things kinda didn’t work out and that’s partially my fault but I guess you weren’t faithful either.” She smiled slightly and I smiled nodding. “It’s cool that you and Jay are mates, it’s nice.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and she took hold of my hand

“So , fill me in. What’s happened with you and Dan?”

I began my story again and she sat there listening to what I had to say, I filled them both in on Amy and they were gob smacked.

“ you want me to tell you the truth?” Katy asked

“Please...” I sighed

“I think she’s lying about being pregnant.”

“But we made her do a test. I saw her go upstairs with Lindsay and she took it.”