After The Benefits End - Part 33

*Dan’s POV*

“What the hell are you doing?” Liv shouted at me.

“Me? You’re the one creeping around down here like a bloody robber.”

“Well, I’m not robbing the place am I now.”

“No.” I laugh slightly. My heart beat calming down because it was only her but still at an unsteady pace because it’s HER.

“Dan you mind getting off me?” She smiled and I laughed slightly getting off her and helping her up.

“You gonna answer me then?” I ask putting the light on

“Erm...it doesn’t matter.” She replied walking over to the same draw as before.

“Where you going?” I ask grabbing her passport out of her hand.

“Give it me Dan”

“No. Where you going?”

“Give it me!” she shouted, trying to get it out of my hand.

“No. You can’t leave me.”

“I’m not. I just need to get away.” She replied her eyes filling with tears.

“Let me come with you?” I plead

“Please just let me just sort my head out.”

“I will...I am but where are you going?”

“I’m not too sure yet.”

“You just don’t want to tell me do you?”

“I don’t want you coming after me no.”

“I just want to know where you’re going to be...I need to know you’re safe.”

“I’ll be safe.”

“But you’ll be on your own.”

“I’m a big girl Dan.”

“Yea I know but...I...I need you to be here with me.”

“I’ll be back, I just need to sort my head out.”

“I don’t work without you Tink.” I whisper. My eyes falling down to my feet.

“I don’t work without you either Dan. This is why it’s so hard. But I just need time to think.”

“Just please come back to me”

“I will.” She smiles slightly, allowing me for a second to see her gorgeous smile that I’d missed so much.

I was about to lean in and give her a kiss but she leant in first, pressing her lips onto mine. She pulled away after placing a sweet kiss upon my lips. She replaced her lips with her finger. 

“I’ll be back in a week.”

“A week?” I gasp and she nodded 

“I need to sort my head out...figure things out.”

“Please let me come with you.”

“Don’t Dan...please...this is hard enough as it is, saying bye to you again. Never mind you pleading with me to come with me.”

I sighed and nodded. “I get why you have to go but I don’t want you to.” I begin rubbing my thumbs over her hands but she snatches them away.

“Who’s fault is it I need to go in the first place Dan?”

“I said I was sorry Tink...what more can I say?”

“Nothing left to say.” She snapped again, grabbing her passport out my hand and heading for the front door.