After The Benefits End - Part 22

*Dan POV*

I refused to leave her side; Evie went to meet Luke at reception allowing me to spend some time alone with Liv.

“Come on baby, open your beautiful eyes for me.” I whisper stroking her cheek, sitting on the edge of her bed.

“You will never know how sorry I am for doubting you, I never chose her over you but I just didn’t know what to believe. I was stupid for not trusting you, you are my best friend, how could I not believe you? You’ve never lied to me in all the years I’ve known you, Amy is a conniving bitch. I will do everything I can to prove myself to you; I’m never going to hurt you again. Please don’t leave me.”

I heard the door open behind me; I wiped my tears away before turning my head to see Luke stood there with Evie curled into his side.

“How she doing?” Luke asked walking in.

“No change.” I reply, not moving from her bed, holding onto her hand softly, “What happened at the house?”

“The police came and spoke to me, I filled them in on the situation and they arrested Amy for assault. I gave my statement as did Lindsay but they said they would need to speak to Evie and you, then speak to Liv when she wakes up.”

I nodded at his reply before turning back to Liv.

“Evie you need to sleep .” Luke says to Evie who was curled up on his lap

“I’m not leaving her.”

“I’ll stay and I’ll ring you if anything happens.” I reply to her.

“Dan no offense but when she wakes up, I doubt you’ll be the first person she wants to see.”

“Evie...” Luke sighed

“No, I’m sorry. But have you forgotten everything that happened tonight? He chose Amy over my sister. The bitch that lied all along about being pregnant, the bitch that broke them up and the bitch that pushed her down the stairs…who caused all this”

“I was there as well, I know what happened.” Luke replied

“Exactly and he let it happen.” Evie snapped getting off his lap.

“I’m not leaving her Evie, I know what happened but I never chose Amy over her. I never could.”

“Well that’s what happened Dan.”

“She is my everything Evie. I fought like hell to get her and I’m not letting her go.”

*beep beep beep*

My head spun around to her machine that began beeping away. I got off her bed as nurses ran in and pushed us out the room.

“Whats happening?” Evie cried into Luke

My eyes were glued on the door, waiting for someone to let us know what was going on. The doors burst open and Liv was getting pushed down the corridor.

“What’s happening?” I shout and collar one of the nurses

“She’s stable now. She just stopped breathing for a minute, we’re taking her for her CT scan now to see if anything shows up.” she smiled patting my back and walking off. I nodded before turning to Evie and she hugged me.

“I can’t lose her Dan, she’s all the family I have left.”

“I know , but she’s a fighter. She’s not going to leave you.” I reply hugging her tightly.

Since they were sixteen they’ve been on their own. Their mum, dad and baby brother were killed in a house fire. They would have had the same horrible fate but it was one of the many nights that we all snuck out past bed time and hung out in our tree and got drunk or messed about. They lived with their grandparents and moved out at eighteen moving in with me and Luke, we’ve been a family ever since.