Really?

Zayn's P.O.V.

It's been four days since we went to the mall. And my feelings have only gotten stronger. As I was in bed last night, facing the wall so Louis wouldn't see I was awake; I found my courage. My courage to confess my crush to him, to ask him out. But, I realized nobody would be home with the kids if we went out. Which is why, I was having a talk with Liam.

"Am I in trouble, Daddy? I swear I didn't do it! It was Harry!" He rushes.

"What? No, what did you do?! Never mind, I need to talk to you Bubba." I can only imagine what these boys did if he's freaking out. I don't have time to worry right now.

"Oh, okay. What's up?" He asks calmer now.

"Daddy is thinking about taking Mama out tonight."

"Oh cool, where are we going? The new Spider-Man movie is out." He asks, totally oblivious. I sigh.

"No Bubba, I mean like Daddy and Mama are going out. Alone." I try again.

"But why?"

"I think it'd be a good idea for us to spend some time together. Besides, you get to be in charge of your brothers and you can have pizza for dinner." I explain.

"You're making me the boss? That's so cool!" He exclaims. I shush him.

"No, no, Bubba, I'm just making you responsible of watching Niall and Harry. Like making sure they don't have sweets and you boys get to bed on time. Do you think you could do that for Daddy?" I question. He thinks about it and nods.

"Good boy, I've gotta go talk to Mama." I praise. He slips off my lap and runs off. I decide to be a little more romantic, so I go to the store first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's P.O.V.

This is going to be awesome, bossing the boys around. I cannot wait for Mama and Daddy to leave tonight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's P.O.V.

I come back about five minutes later with dark red roses with a bright gold trim along the top of the petals. I take a few deep breaths before going into our bedroom.

"Hey, where've you been?" He smiles.

"I uh, went to the store real quick." I hide the roses behind my back.

"Oh, did you get milk?" Shit, I forgot about that.

"No, I didn't go to the supermarket. That's not the point though, can I talk to you?" I ask nervously.

"Of course, what's up?" He answers. I can't help but sweat a little.

"These past few days, you may have noticed I've been acting... odd." I begin.

"You know what? I'm just going to spit it out, I like you Louis. A lot. Do you like me?" I ask, my nerves all over the place.

"Of course I do Zayn, we're best mates." My heart speeds up and then sinks when he finishes.

"No, I mean. I like like you. I understand if you don't feel the same." I rush when his eyes go wide. He's silent for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry, I-I'll just go." My voice cracks as I begin to walk away, dropping the roses on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis' P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, I-I'll just go." Zayn drops the beautiful flowers on the bed and I finally snap out of my frozen state.