All These Lives

A/N: This chapter is inspired by my favorite singer and his band, to my boy; Chris Daughtry. Listen to All These Lives by Daughtry.

Zayn P.O.V.

I watch as Louis paces back and forth, back and forth over and over again. His hands on either side of his head as he mumbled to himself, something that was inaudible to me. I stomp over to my frazzled boyfriend and take his arms away from his hair and hold them to my chest. He looks at me with misty eyes. I could see the fear in his features. He could probably see it on me. My mind was going a mile a minute and so was my heart. I hug Louis close, trying to calm him and myself down. The boys didn't need to see us freaking out, because then the questions come and I was certain neither of us were prepared to answer them. Louis' voice snaps me out of my thoughts, his light voice trembling.

"I can't lose him again Zayn, I can't." He whimpers. My speeding heart nearly cracks in half, hearing the weakness in his voice.

"We aren't going to lose him. We aren't going to lose any of them." I try to reassure him.

"How do you know?" He squeaks out quietly.

"I don't, I only know that if he does come I will protect you and our boys with my life. If it comes down to it where he wants one of us, it will be me." I answer, trying to sound confident when really I was scared out of my mind. I meant it though, it will be me before one of my boys. Nobody and I mean nobody, will ever lay a finger on any of their heads if I can help it. Over my dead body they will.

"What do we do?" He asks. I was usually the one to think of some sort of solution in these moments. I thought for a minute before answering.

"You go call James, I'll go get takeout for dinner instead. Pizza, okay?" Louis nods.

"What about Liam?" Fuck, I forgot. I considered my options. Take Liam with me to get food or sing him to sleep so he doesn't know what's going on. I went with the second option, no reason to tell or scare them just yet. We would have to tell them just not yet, keep them out of it for now. I went out into our living room to see Liam sitting in the recliner with his blanket, waiting.

"Change of plans, Bubba. Daddy is going to go get dinner because Mama is a bit tired, you stay here and take a nap." I fib not so easily.

"Without you?" He pouted. Ugh no, not the pout! My knees went weak seeing the face. My heart melting. He was just too cute.

"Hey it's okay, how 'bout I rock and sing you to sleep, yeah?" I compromise. He nods and I squish between him, I hold him close as I begin to sing his lullaby. His eyes droop as I sing.

"Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,

Smiles await you when you rise.

Sleep,

Pretty baby,

Do not cry,

And I will sing a lullaby.

Cares you know not,

Therefore sleep,

While over you a watch I'll keep.

Sleep,

Pretty darling,

Do not cry,

And I will sing a lullaby." Liam's eyes flutter shut at the beginning of the second verse and his breathing slows a bit as he drifts into his own golden slumber. I smile and brush his hair away from his eyes before I leave to get our dinner.

Louis P.O.V.

I dial the number that I hoped I would never have to again and wait as I listen to the tone. After the second ring he picks up and his deep voice comes from the other side.