Like humans (Ralph & fem!reader)

Warnings: Mild violence in the beginning and Ralph being... well, Ralph.

ALSO THIS IS A PLATONIC PIECE (since this is the only non-requested piece in this book and I love Ralph only platonically and see him kinda like a little brother so 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Word count: 827 words

***

"Stop!" you yelled, but your two idiot brothers just kept hitting and kicking Ralph. You rushed to Ralph's side and hugged him protectively. You felt the poor android tremble in your arms. You couldn't believe it, he had become like this in just a few weeks. He was polite, talkative, funny and very good at taking care of your little garden. But when your brothers were home, you would be scared for Ralph. When they were drunk, they would do anything. They had burned Ralph's face, they had threatened him, they had done all the horrible things to him. His face was damaged, his left eye had gone blind and he had a horrid scar on the side of his face. But still, he was your Ralph. He was like a little brother to you. And you were the only one he trusted anymore.

"Awww, Y/N likes a piece of plastic", your other brother said and kicked Ralph once more, making Ralph wince violently.

"Don't go anywhere, we'll find you if you try to run away again." other one said and lit up a cigarette, the bitter smoke indoors made you cough. Then they went out of the door, probably they went to the store to buy more booze.

"Okay, this is our chance again. Can you walk?" you asked and held Ralph's cheek. He stared at you for a moment.

"Y-yeah. R-Ralph thinks s-so..." His words made your eyes widen. Oh god, your brothers made some damage to Ralph's software. Hopefully it's not anything else than talking in third person... You lifted Ralph up from the floor and you ran.

You caught a bus, that came to your home street stop like it was a sign to hop in. You did and glanced at your home street for one last time.

Because this time, you knew you wouldn't come back.

**TIME SKIP**

You found an old, abandoned house in the outskirts of Detroit. Ralph had calmed down a bit, though he clung to you like you were the last person on earth that liked him. And you were, in fact. Because Ralph only knew you and your brothers. After a few tries, you managed to break through the front door, Ralph let go of you and went exploring the house. He hadn't spoken a word to you since you left the house and you grew kinda worried, was his voice module damaged somehow?

"Ralph?" you called and started walking towards the room where Ralph had just gone. He stood there, his back to you and seemed to squeeze something in his hands. "Hey, Ralph? What did you find?"

He turned to you, horrified look on his face and his LED turned red. He was holding a enormous knife. You barely held back a whimper and lifted your hands up.

"Ralph, it's just me, Y/N." you said and saw how Ralph's LED turned to yellow. His face twitched for a few seconds and then he dropped the knife. He came to you and pulled you into bone-crushing hug.

"Ralph is sorry! Ralph will always protect Y/N..." he murmured, and you carefully hugged him back. "Will Y/N want to live here with Ralph?"

You pulled away from the hug and smiled softly at Ralph. "Yes, Ralph. I will live here with you."

"Like humans? Will Y/N want to live like humans, here with Ralph? Will Y/N be here, so Ralph can protect her? Y/N will never leave, will she?"

You pulled away from Ralph and clasped Ralph's hands to your own. "We will live here just like humans. Without that constant fear. I promise to you, Ralph, my brothers will never find us again. You are my family now. You are my brother now."

Ralph's LED started blinking blue, then he giggled, danced in place and then hugged you again, still dancing. You chuckled at him, he was so cute.

"Y/N is Ralph's family now." he exclaimed and jumped away.

"Well, should we go to the store together, Ralph? I'm hungry." you said as you felt your stomatch let out a protesting growl.

"No, Y/N doesn't need to buy anything! Ralph will make Y/N dinner, Ralph saw a plenty of rodents in this area, humans like burnt meat!" he jumped around as he spoke, and you smiled at him nervously.

"Not this time, Ralph. I think I'm gonna buy some ready-made sandwiches and then I'll go to sleep." Ralph's smile seemed to drop a little, his LED started blinking yellow. "Maybe some another time? Another time soon!" you hurriedly said, and Ralph started smiling again.

"Okay, another time! Y/N will eat Ralph's succulent meals another time! Another time soon!" You smiled at him and started to think, how you could break your promise without hurting Ralph's feelings?

How am I going to explain to him that I can't eat rats or anything like that? Maybe we'll make a garden here and I could teach Ralph to make salads for me?

But he was still a dear brother. And you were happy to live with him.