Overtime (Markus x reader)

Request: "Can you do one for Markus finding his s/o sleeping" - @artsyzar

A/N: Woke up at 1:30am because of the massive inspiration strike and wrote this :D Now I'm going back to sleep. This is the first time when I'm writing for Markus and it can be a bit OOC because of that. I hope you still like it! :) And also, once again I wanted to make a story around this request that Markus finds his s/o sleeping c: Hope you don't mind!

Warnings: None

Word count: 660

***

You had had a really tiring day. Ever since you got home, you just wanted to go to sleep, but you had to do some reports for tomorrow. You knew your boss would be forgiving, but you couldn't be lazy, the work would only build up if you decided to do it later. So, you came home, took all your papers and your laptop and started to type on the armchair in the living room.

But the armchair was much more comfortable than you'd thought...

***

"Y/N?" Markus called you, as he took groceries in. "I bought you some snacks, we could watch that movie tonight!" You didn't answer, which got Markus to furrow his eyebrows. You always informed him if you had stayed overtime of your work, or if you went to see a friend.

Then he heard steady huffing from your living room, so he took his shoes off and walked to the living room with the grocery bag.

There you were, your laptop had almost fallen off your lap, your papers the clinging on your hands, few had dropped to the floor. Markus quickly scanned you and saw that your melatonin levels were high. You had fallen asleep from sleeping too little last night.

He carefully took your laptop and placed it on the counter, telling it to save your work and shut down through its LED. He took the papers from your hands and placed them next to your laptop. Then he very carefully slid his hands around you and lifted you up. He carried you to your bed and tucked you in. He smiled at your satisfied look as you snuggled the pillow to your face and sighed, smiling in your sleep. Then he went to prepare you some dinner.

***

The smell of food traveled to your nose, making your stomach grumble angrily, reminding you that you needed food. You opened your eyes and saw your nightstand. You had fallen asleep? You weren't even that tired... but apparently, you were. Why else you had fallen asleep? But how you were in bed?

You heard the food sizzle on the frying pan.

Of course.

You stood up from the bed and carefully approached the kitchen.

"Markus", you smiled at your handsome boyfriend and he smiled back, wiping his hands on the kitchen towel.

"Y/N. Haven't I told you that you shouldn't work when you're tired? In longer periods, it could give you constant headaches and you would get stressed much more easily." he said, and you stepped in front of him, wrapping your arms around him.

"I know. Thank you for reminding. You should teach me from being a workaholic, I know it's affecting my life. Maybe too much." you said against his shoulder and he wrapped his own arms around you too.

"I'll remind you as many times as I have to. Do you need help with your work?" he asked, and you pulled away from the hug, looking puzzled.

"Markus, I... no. I can't let you do my work, that would be cheating my boss. He pays me for the work, not you. And he would see your handprint in my work." you answered, and Markus grabbed your chin gently, aiming your face to his. He pecked your lips quickly.

"Let's make a deal. I'll do the bases for your work, but you'll type the reports. I know the bases are the most frustrating work because you have to make a different base for every type of the file. Deal?" he looked at you demandingly, and you couldn't have said no, even if you wanted to. You didn't, because the bases weren't recognizable for who did them, because the bases had to be typed to a computer from the paper versions. And Markus was right, it was the most frustrating part of the work. So you nodded.

"Deal." you said and kissed him.

He truly was the loveliest boyfriend you could ever imagine.