Crush (Ralph x reader)

PROMPTS:

46: "Can I kiss you right now?"

Warnings: None, just fluff <3

Word count: 750

***

He was your best friend. You'd do everything together, after you saved him from that abandoned house. He was scared of you at first, but you were patient and eventually he grew to trust you. He would let you touch him, to hug him. He loved to laugh with you and was pleased when you had let him to tend your garden with you.

Only thing was, he had grown to like you a bit more. He had a crush on you. After he realized it, he got scared. And so he kept telling himself that you wouldn't be interested in him, that you would find someone better. Oh, how wrong he was. You had a crush on him too, but you hid it much more well, you wanted to see where your friendship was going before you try anything. Ralph couldn't hide it so well. He started to avoid you, tried not to talk to you and when he did, he was ashamed because he started to stutter and blush, he wondered if you noticed and decided to not talk to you at all, so he wouldn't embarrass himself. You were confused about that and eventually decided to go and talk to him.

He was in his room, sitting on bed, looking out of the window beside his bed.
"Ralph?" you called and stepped inside his room, he turned and looked at you like you were a ghost.
"Y/N? W-what is Y/N doing h-here? R-Ralph... he wants to b-be alone." he said and turned his gaze to his feet.
"Ralph, tell me what's wrong. I don't understand, are you mad at me or what?" you asked, and Ralph's gaze darted to you.

"Mad at Y/N? No, never!" he half-yelled and you took his hand.
"Then tell me what's wrong. You are my best friend." you said and smiled at him, trying to encourage him. Ralph stared at you for a moment.
"R-Ralph... he can't." he said and turned his gaze back to his feet. You leaned over to him, putting your hand on his back.

"Yes you can." you whispered, and he glanced at you. Again, that stare. Why was he staring? But god, he looked so handsome. You caught yourself for staring back with stupid grin on your face and shook your head to put yourself out of that trance.
"Why does Y/N like Ralph? Ralph is nothing." Ralph asked, and you opened your mouth. He knew you liked him? How?

"Um... I... well, you are so nice and..." you began to stutter, and Ralph pulled you into a hug.
"Ralph thinks Y/N is nice too. Y/N is a perfect friend." he murmured on your shoulder and you sighed. Friend. He talked about liking him in a friend way. Not in a crush way.
"You are a perfect friend to me too", you muttered, hugging him back. You stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's presence. When you finally pulled away, you noticed Ralph blush.

"Ralph has something to tell Y/N. He can't keep it anymore from them." he twitched and twisted his fingers.
"What is it, Ralph?" you asked, smiling lightly.
"Ralph has... he has feelings. Strange feelings. Towards... Y/N. H-he thinks he... loves them. A-as more than a f-friend."

You were quiet and felt heat creeping to your face. Unbelievable, he liked you too? You noticed Ralph's LED turn into deeper yellow, meaning he could be stressed and now regretted telling he likes you, though he didn't say anything. He didn't look at you anymore. You brought your hand to Ralph's cheek, turned him to look at you again and looked at him in his one eye. You smiled and tilted your head.

"Can I kiss you right now?" you asked, blush was coming to your cheeks too. Ralph looked confused for a moment, then his LED turned to lighter yellow. The blue blush on his face darkened a bit.
"If... if Y/N wants to." he said quietly, so you brought your lips on his. And so you kissed him. After a few moments, you pulled away from the kiss.
"How did that feel?" you asked, smiling brightly now. Ralph stared at you a moment.
"Y/N likes Ralph too...?" he asked, and you nodded.
"I've liked you for a while." you admitted, your own blush was darkening now.

"Could Ralph have another kiss?" he asked, looking at you lovingly.
"I guess that's the answer to my question." you smiled and pulled Ralph to another kiss.