Family (Ralph x reader)

Warnings: Angst + violence + mention of drug use

Word count: 954

Ralph and you had been together for half a year. Your family didn't like you to have a damaged android and you had to pretend that he's your gardener, nothing more. Your mother despised Ralph because of his scars and your father continually suggested about getting rid of Ralph and paying for a "real, human-gardener". You had said to them that Ralph is just fine and does what it's asked to do and you need nothing more. Your brother also hated Ralph and your little twin sisters had no opinion, but at least the other, Katy, seemed to fear Ralph. Kayla didn't fear him so much, if not at all. At least one in the family who didn't

And that it. How much you hated that word. And using it for Ralph... it was just something unbearable. Like Ralph was an object. Something to go broken and be thrown away. Like, people even use personal pronouns for their dogs, why not Ralph?

"I wish my parents will go away soon", you muttered to Ralph, who was tending the plant in your shared bedroom. "I can't stand them."

"Ralph... he doesn't like Y/N's parents either but... he'll try to endure them," Ralph said, twitched a little with his fingers and you took his hands to your own, stroking his knuckles softly.

"Someday I'll tell them. If I told now, they would destroy you. And... I don't want to risk that." you stroke Ralph's damaged cheek, watching his mouth twitch a couple of times. Then he looked you in the eyes and smiled a little. You placed a kiss on his lips. "I promise everything will be alright soon."

"Y/N?" someone said from the door and you jumped away from Ralph. You saw your other little sister, Katy, standing in the doorway, her gaze swinging between you and Ralph.

"Katy!" you exclaimed, she started backing up and you lunged after her. "No, Katy, please, I can explain!"

"Mommy!" Katy screamed and ran into your mother's arms.

"What is it, Katy?" your mother asked and you ran your hands down your hair, knowing what was happening.

"Y/N and that scary android were kissing!" Katy screamed and started to sob against your mother's shirt. Everyone was quiet, all gazes were on you and you were sure you were as pale as a ghost.

"I... I don't deny it," you said slowly and you heard your father stand up from the table.

"Where is that plastic thing, I'm going to show him that it's not allowed to touch my daughter," he growled, but you pushed him away as he tried to get past you. "Y/N, out of my way."

"No, dad. I love him. He's been my boyfriend for months." you swallowed hard and could feel how everyone in the room started to look at you like you just had said you date a mass murderer.

"It's an android, those things can't feel love. Surely you know that Y/N?" your brother Ivan said, sounding a little amused and you glared at him.

"They do feel love. They are alive. And he's the sweetest man I've ever known." you muttered, slowly raising your voice as you felt anger for your family bubbling up. Everyone was quiet again, looking at you like you were crazy. "Hey, it's not like he's a dragon or something..."

"It seeks to have a benefit from you, it... KAYLA, GET DOWN FROM THERE RIGHT NOW!" your mother suddenly shouted, you looked back and saw your other twin sister Kayla in Ralph's arms. You frowned, not registering what you were seeing.

"If Y/N loves Ralph, so do I", Kayla said and nuzzled Ralph's head. Kayla had always idealized you and it saved you and Ralph in this situation. Ralph seemed happy too, holding Kayla and let her play with his hair. You smiled and walked over to Ralph and Kayla.

"Ralph is really sweet, his scars aren't so scary when you look close. Katy, come here!" Kayla called Katy, but she was too scared to come to you.

"Thank you, Kayla." you smiled at Kayla and ruffled her hair. Suddenly you were pushed aside, Kayla was snatched from Ralph and Ralph was knocked over.

"No! Ivan, go away, don't hurt him!" you screamed as you saw Ivan kick Ralph. After you had realized that you could do nothing, you scrambled to the bedroom, took your phone and called the police.

***

After your parents and your brothers were escorted away, you sat on the floor, holding a shaking form of Ralph. He sobbed loudly against your shirt and you had shushed him there for half an hour.

"Y/N?" you heard Kayla say and you turned your gaze to her. Katy was standing beside her, holding Kayla's hand.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Me and Katy talked and... we would like to stay here. For longer. Forever. Mommy and daddy just fight at home and Ivan eats some red crystals that make him scary. Katy isn't scared of Ralph anymore, she saw how Ralph was crying against you and realized Ralph isn't a bad person." Kayla spoke as her gaze was on the ground and arms behind her back. You looked at her, first you were bewildered at her words but then you stretched an arm out for them. They ran to you, hugging Ralph and you at the same time. You knew Ivan was using Red Ice and that mom and dad fought regularly and you would be more than happy to have your sisters for yourself. You would raise them with Ralph. You smiled at the thought.

Maybe it wasn't the result you originally wanted to have from telling your parents about you and Ralph, but it was better.