Smile (Ralph x reader)

Request: Am I the only one who likes the poncho/scarf/shawl that Ralph wears over his uniform. Can you do one where the reader where's his or one that looks like his and he just finds it adorable. It can be short or a drabble if you want -@artsyzar

A/N: It was really nice to write this ♥ Nothing else to say this time.

Warnings: None!

Word count: 526

***

Ralph always had his cloak on. It was very dear to him and even after he moved to your house, he didn't want to let go of his cloak. He had said that it resembles him that he's free, that he won't have to go back, being a machine. He could be with you, without fear that somebody finds him, and he gets deactivated. After all, androids had earned equality with humans a few months back.

Though, Ralph had some doubts about your relationship. He continually was fearing to accidentally hurt you, or that you would get bored with him. That he wouldn't be good enough for you. Your reassurances helped, but you had to reassure him several times a week, and sometimes the reassuring took usually three hours. First two hours he was sobbing against you and scolding himself and the last hour you had to whisper continuously to him that he's enough and that his scar doesn't make him a worse person.

You wanted to show the affection for him in a more different way, so you went to the clothing store and bought something...

***

"Ralph, I'm home!" you called, as you stepped into your shared apartment.

"Y/N! Ralph has made food for Y/N and he has been cleaning, he has worked really hard and..." Ralph's babbling was stopped like some wall had just risen up in his throat. He stared at you, dumbfounded. You smiled at him and fiddled with the hem of your new, grey poncho.

"Do you like it?" you asked, still smiling widely. Though, you weren't sure if Ralph took it as an act of mockery or praise. Fortunately, it was the latter. He lunged at you and lifted you in the air, spinning you around while hugging you.

"Ralph loves it! So much! Y/N looks so great with that on, he loves Y/N so much!" he exclaimed, and you laughed, hugging him back and kissing his cheek. When Ralph lowered you down, his eyes looked you up and down, and then he made his signature happy dance. You giggled and reached out to take his hand. He clasped your hand between his hands and kissed it. You both sat down on the floor, neither of you didn't exactly know why but it seemed suitable for that situation. Ralph watched in awe as your poncho spread on the floor like it was a mighty cloak of a royal.

"Ralph loves his Y/N. Y/N always shows Ralph that someone loves him. And he needs it, he..." his voice broke as tears started to roll down from his eyes. You knew they were happy tears and you smiled at him, gliding your thumb over his scarred cheek.

"Aww, Ralph. How can you be so perfect? Perfect mix of cuteness, silliness, kindness, and looks are a plus." you winked at him and giggled, as his blue blush hurried to his cheeks.

"Y-Y/N is p-perfect too." he glanced down, before you gently grabbed his chin and kissed him. You laid your forehead against his, closing your eyes. He took your hands to his lap and closed his eyes too.

And you both smiled.