A Shooting Star [Connor]

Request: The original request was sent to me through screenshots and it was a LONG request so a short summary: A (female) reader is Hank's and Connor's partner, she has a crush on machine!Connor and later Connor has to do a choice between sacrificing Hank or the reader because a deviant forces him to do it if Connor wants to catch him, he sacrifices the reader because Hank is more important for the mission. Reader survives because she gets to the doctor. The reader leaves to find Jericho and after Connor becomes deviant, he apologizes to the reader for sacrificing her, reader doesn't know if she should forgive him or not. But later they have a beautiful moment together. By @izzycloud02

Fandom: Detroit: Become Human, Connor x fem!reader

Warnings: swearing

A/N: A long request, so a long fic :D Also, a cameo of my fave boi is included ♥

Word count: 1,946

The rooftop was quiet. Some pigeons sat on the wires and air condition boxes, but at the edge of the roof, were three men and a woman. Connor, who wasn't with Hank and you, had thrown his gun to his side and tried to seem trustable. But it was far too late, the deviant knew what was going to happen if he didn't act.

"Make a choice. Which you'll sacrifice? This pretty little human lady... or this old man? If you choose neither, you'll going to let me go." the deviant behind you tapped the back of your head with his gun as he said those words - he was trying to pretend saying them coldly, but you heard a pure terror between his words. He was scared for his life - this was the only way he hoped not to get caught. Either way, his words were terrifying and you held back a sob.

"If you kill them, you'll be in much bigger trouble." Connor monotonously stated and the deviant jabbed his gun against your leg.

"I don't care!" he screamed and you let out a whimper. So did the deviant, his voice broke among his next words. "What difference does it make? I'm going to be destroyed anyways!"

If you weren't in such position, a deviant pointing at you with his gun, you would have stood up to him. To let all of them know that you, in fact, had secretly been working for androids too. That you knew they had feelings, they were humans, they wanted to be free. You knew what and where Jericho was and you had been helping them to get new parts sometimes, leaving the packages outside.

But now it was too risky - the deviant would think you had a plan to catch him and would shoot you both - or himself, his stress levels were likely high and his self-destruction trigger would be too close. After all, you didn't want the deviant to die.

"If that's the case... I'm sorry, officer L/N." Connor nodded towards you and the deviant's loosened grip told you that he hadn't actually thought that Connor would make that choice. But before you could react, the deviant had shot you on your stomach and pushed you down from the rooftop.

"Fuck Connor! Y/N!" you heard Hank's voice scream, but in that point, you were too tired to actually decipher what had just happened. You lost your conciseness before you hit the ground.

"Well, look who's awake." someone said from beside you and you groaned, your head hurt like hell. An old woman with a bright light and over-sized glasses came over you. "You were pretty damn lucky to fall on a homeless man's mattress, and it was an honest homeless man too. Otherwise, you'd be pretty much... dead."

"Dead? W-what happened?" you asked and the woman looked at you with widened eyes, her lips were slightly parted, like she was shocked to hear you didn't know what had happened.

"Oh, you don't remember? Ah, of course you don't, silly me. Yeah, a deviant apparently tried to kill you. Everyone is mad at that new model, RK800, was it its name? Anyways, it had decided to sacrifice you and now the whole city thinks you're dead because of it. After that, you've been with me for uh, a few days?"