Promises (Simon x reader)

Request: I'll request one so you won't have to worry so much and be sure to take your time. A Simon x reader where the reader kinda pampers and spoils him cause I still feel bad that he went through a rough time -anon

A/N: The actual request part is a bit short and flashback scene is long but I thought that if the only thing in this fic is just "reader pampering and spoiling Simon" it would've been really short. Hope you don't mind!

Warnings: A little bit of angst, violence, swearing. Some spoilers, so don't read if you haven't played the game through yet and don't want any spoilers!

Word count: 978

***

"Simon, no!" you cried out and watched him lunge and punch a few soldiers as some other androids dragged Markus away. One of the soldiers smashed Simon to the ground and you could swear you heard the thud all the way to the android crowd. He couldn't die, he promised that he would always stay by your side, he... you saw the soldier start to hit Simon with his gun and that was it. You ran to help your boyfriend and with some newfound strength, you managed to push the soldiers back. You threw yourself on Simon.

"If you kill him, you have to kill me too!" you said, trying to keep your voice steady.

"Why would we spare you? You're an android. Just like them", the leader of the soldiers snorted in amusement and the soldier before you looked like he's going to kill you in just a few seconds.

"I'm not. Look." you drew out a knife and made a little wound to your hand, just enough so some blood would drip out. You saw the leader frown. Then he turned around and took out his radio phone.

"...yes, you heard me right. A human protecting an android. Fuck do I know? They... yes. They want to save an android. What do we do? Do we kill th... yes, right." he talked to the phone and finally, he turned to me. "You can go."

You saw a little smirk on his face, though he tried to hide it, so you squinted your eyes at him.

"I know you are going to shoot him in the back right away when we start to walk away. Throw away your guns. Then we'll go. The leader's smirk disappeared, and his face twisted into an angry expression.

"You are not in the position to order me and my men what to do."

"Well, do you want my blood in your hands? Do you want to ruin your reputation and give androids more power? Do what I say, or I'll make sure even humans turn against their own race. They are on the edge of trusting you anyway." you couldn't help but grin when the leader's face twisted again. He knew he lost. And after a moment of silence, he huffed and turned around, waving his hand.

"Fine. Everyone, put your guns to the truck, we're going back to the base." he said and they walked away. You waited until they all had driven away, and you turned to Simon. His eyes were closed.

"Simon? Say you're alive, please!"

No answer, no any sign he's alive. His cheek had some damage but that alone couldn't kill him... or could it? You felt tears starting to well up on your eyes and you sobbed a little. But you had to try to save him, so you picked Simon up and dragged him to your car.

***

"Please save him." you whispered to the android nurse beside you and she glanced at you with a pitiful look. but didn't say anything. You held Simon's hand in your own, sitting in a chair beside him. The nurse parsed Simon's face together and made sure all the wirings were okay.

"I can't promise anything, but I've done all I can. His leg needs rest for a bit, if he wakes up. I'm going to try to restart him now." the nurse said, you nodded, and she pushed Simon's temple.

For a moment, nothing happened. And just as you had started to believe he was gone, he gasped for air, though he didn't need to.

"Y/N?" he smiled at the sight of you and you smiled back, bringing a hand to his cheek.

"You're safe now", you whispered.

***

"I don't need five pillows for my leg!" Simon said as you were bringing two more.

"Yes, you do, your leg needs rest, so it could fully heal! I don't want you being a half-legged and you would have to jump everywhere on your other leg!" you exclaimed and lifted his leg to the pillow.

"Listen, Y/N, I appreciate that you are trying to help me but... I'm not a baby, I can handle this." he started to rise up from the bed and you lunged to him, pushing him back down.

"Oooh no, no, no, no! You stay in bed. Don't move, I'm going to bring you some thirium, so you'll feel better!" you watched him as you walked away from the room, snatched a bottle of blue blood from Simon's fridge and brought it to him. He reluctantly drank it, though he tried to reassure you he didn't need it.

"Thank you, Y/N. But... you know, I had to do it. For our cause. For Markus. He's my best friend." he said quietly, bringing his hand to your cheek and stroking your cheek with his thumb.

"And I'm your lover." you huffed, and he looked at you for a bit, you knew he smiled at you. "Okay, I know and I somehow understand. You wanted to sacrifice yourself, so Markus wouldn't have to do that. But please, let me take care of you. Your leg needs rest and... I just want to take care of you. You deserve it, after all we've been through." you whispered the last words and he rose from the bed to kiss you gently.

"Okay. I'll let you "take care of" me. Though I think this is more of spoiling and pampering. If you could slow down a little? I'll manage, I promise."

"Okay, deal. But you must say if some problems occur. Now when androids are finally free, I could take you on some android doctor or something." you reached out to hold his hand, taking a deep breath.

"I promise." he said and kissed you. "I love you." he murmured against your lips and you smiled.

"I love you too."