Here For You [Connor]

Request: I have a request please! Its a Connor x female!Reader, where Connor meets the Reader in like the holding cells they have (the ones with the beds and all that) but Reader-chan doesn't have a record. She's actually homeless and Hank who is kind of a father figure "arrests" her to get a roof over her head sence shes kind of too stubborn to accept the invitation to live at Hank's house. Thats all I really had for my request, you can make it a friendship thing or a relationship thing, I dont care which ever! Thank you! + I just thought of something, Hank has known Reader-han sence she was little, that's why he is the way he is to her. She keeps refusing because she doesn't want to be a bother to him. 

(request by 865SilverCakes127)

Fandom: Detroit: Become Human, Connor & fem!reader

Warnings: swearing, slight angst

A/N: The first of the three Connor x readers incoming next.

Word count: 1,260

"Y/N doesn't have a place to go - she's way too stubborn to come to live with me." Hank watched towards you and laid a pleading glance at his boss. "Please, Jeffrey. She needs that cell."

The captain sighed, glanced at your cell and then shook his head, laying his hand on Hank's shoulder. "She can't be in there, Hank. Those cells are for real criminals. I know you care about Y/N, but she can't stay there. It's not up to me, if my boss finds out about it, I get a bunch of shit on me for providing a place to stay for homeless people. I know it sucks but I-."

Hank slammed his hand on the table with frustration, causing Fowler to sigh again. He readied himself for Hank's oncoming anger but instead, Hank squeezed his eyes shut and took a deep breath.

And when he spoke, his voice was strained and he seemingly tried to fight on not yelling with you watching. "Jesus Christ, Jeffrey, can't you just stand with me this one time? Just once?"

Fowler looked towards your cell again, and folded his arms across his chest. He was quiet for a long moment, before he let out a long breath. "Alright, Hank. You won, this time."

Hank tilted his head at Fowler, probably thinking he was kidding at first. But Fowler just stood there and looked at Hank sternly, nodding his head once.

"One night. But Hank, please, you have to figure out a place where she could go. And tomorrow morning you will take her somewhere else, you can keep that as a day off."

And when Fowler left from Hank's desk, Hank sank in his chair with relief. About twelve hours wasn't much, but at least you wouldn't be out there that night. Hank prayed that you would realize that his help would be much easier for you to accept than sit in the rain at night and getting some deadly disease for yourself because of all that rain and coldness.

Hank's eyes came across on the framed picture on his desk. It was a picture of you and Cole sitting in the park eating ice-cream, and he absentmindedly smiled, as he took a gulp from his coffee.

"I didn't know that Y/N is homeless", Connor's voice startled Hank and he immediately spat the coffee out and started coughing violently.

"For fuck's sake Connor, you can't go scaring people like that!" Hank yelled and Connor took a step back.

"I- I'm sorry, Hank. I- I didn't mean to scare you." he sputtered and quickly took a tissue pack from Hank's desk, handing them to Hank so he could clean himself.

"Great, I didn't have much else to worry about..." Hank grumped and Connor moved his eyes to the floor in shame, which caused Hank to sigh. "Ah... sorry, Connor. I didn't mean to make you feel guilty. I just... didn't need any more things to worry about, but my pants smelling like coffee is the least of my worries right now."

Connor leaned on Hank's desk, as he glanced at you again. You just laid there, a book in your hands and you seemed to be entirely captivated by it. It was something Connor rarely saw in the modern world, people rarely had any time to read. He remembered Hank saying that he liked to feel the pages between his fingers rather than hold a tablet with dozens of books in it. Connor couldn't understand why - it was far more practical to have one light tablet with a library than a heavy bag with only five books with you. But as he looked at you reading that book and smiling occasionally while at it, he felt a flicker of understanding. Somehow, watching you reading that book was different from watching people reading with tablets.

"Y/N's old landlord was a shithead. He liked Y/N a little too much, but when she turned him down... well, I had to get her out of there. And she's too stubborn to come to live with me until she finds a new home." Hank sighed and looked at Connor. "And tomorrow, I have to try again. I don't know what to do if she won't listen to-"

"Could- could I talk to her?" Connor suddenly blurted out and Hank tilted his head at him. Then he sighed and shrugged.

"If you think she'll listen to you better than she listens to me, then sure, go ahead."

"Hank told you, huh?" you huffed and sat up on your bed. Connor's mouth opened but you already knew what he was going to say, and you lifted your hand to stop him. "And before you ask, I'm fine. I'm finding a new home eventually."

Connor furrowed his eyebrows in wonder. "Why didn't you tell me you're homeless?"

You leaned back to the wall and sighed. "Didn't feel the need to tell. What you could have done about it?"

Connor shook his head. "Not me, but Hank. He wants to offer you a place to stay."

You huffed and turned your head to the side, mumbling: "I'm fine on my own."

Silence. You couldn't hear much anything to the cell, and only the lamp in the cell made a faint noise when it was on. Connor's LED spun between bright yellow and blue, as he tried to think about the options he could give to you. But he came up with none, so he decided to follow the instructions his new deviant mind was giving him. So he carefully sat down on the chair in front of your bed and reached out to caress your hands which you had folded on your lap.

"Y/N. I care about you. As a machine, I didn't know what friendship was, but after I saw how much you and Hank were willing to do for each other - and for me - I understood it. Even before becoming a deviant. I think I - I had already deviated before Markus finally opened my eyes, but denied that possibility from myself. I think Amanda saw it too and that's why I was so scared of failing my mission - I knew Amanda would deactivate me." Connor lowered his gaze to the floor and closed his eyes. "I beg you, Y/N. Please, go to live with Hank. Just for a little while. Just so things get better and you'd get a new home."

Silence again. Connor's hand was still on your own, and he slowly raised his head to look at you. You had turned to look at him as well, and he could see a tear slowly making its way to your chin. But you didn't say anything, so Connor decided to leave you at peace, and intended to withdraw his hand from you. But just before doing so, your fingers slowly grasped around his hand. You swallowed hard and took in a deep breath.

"I still don't like the idea of moving in with Hank, because I would be dependent on someone", you muttered but then a careful smile made its way to your face. "But I don't want Hank or you to worry because of me. So... just for a little while."

Connor's lips curved to a gentle smile, and he carefully wiped some of your tears away from your cheeks. Then he took a hold of your shoulder and made you look at him by placing his hand on your cheek.

"You have caring people around you, Y/N. Always remember that."