Warm (Simon x android!reader

4. "Is that my shirt?"

40. "I could hold you forever"

48. "Kiss me."

Warnings: None

Word count: 834

***

You sat on the couch of the living room in your and Simon's apartment. Everything was like, better after androids had their freedom, but you still felt like... something was missing. You didn't want Simon to be just your roommate. You wanted something more with him, you wanted to kiss him, hug him. You had put on his hoodie because he was a whole day away and you could just sniff it. It felt safe. It smelled kinda like cinnamon. A bit like fresh grass. A bit like rain. A lot like... Simon. You felt your cheeks flush blue and shuffled on your couch, pulling your knees to your chest. You imagined what would it feel like to hug Simon. You felt like just lunging to him and hold him so tight that Simon would feel like you would never let go. Which would be highly possible. You fiddled with his hoodie's worn sleeves, trying to catch the feeling of him touching you.

"Is that my shirt?" you suddenly heard him chuckle behind you. You immediately darted up from the couch, turned around and stared at Simon, who looked at you amused look on his face. You felt yourself flush into a darker shade of blue and started to take the hoodie off.

"I'm sorry, I... I was cold. I didn't hear you coming in, I..." you started to babble and he smiled.

"Android who's feeling cold? That's new," he said and you felt thirium pump to your face even harder. If Simon took a knife and cut your cheek, all the thirium in your body would just burst out. At least you felt like that. He stepped in front of you, brushing his fingers across your shoulders. You shivered at the touch, closing your eyes for a bit, trying to not stare at him. You didn't want to be embarrassing, especially not now.

Simon noticed you were uncomfortable and backed away a bit.

"Sorry," he said and you saw him get flushed too. "I just thought you... ah- nevermind, keep the hoodie if you want," he said and walked away from the living room. You stared after him, blinking a few times in confusion. You turned your head to the side, watching out of the window. Sun was setting, creating some beautiful light patterns to your apartment's walls. And for some reason, you suddenly got all the courage to go to talk to Simon.

He was there, sitting on his bed, head bowed downwards and hands folded together in front of him. Androids didn't need sleep, but it was a nicer way to spend the night than shuffling around without anything to do, so you both had beds in your rooms.

"Simon," you called, but he didn't react. Something was wrong. You walked over to him and sat beside him, trying to calm your racing heart.

"I... I have something to tell you, Y/N." he said, glancing you quickly. You grew worried, furrowed your eyebrows and tilted your head.

"What is it?" you asked, brushing your hand gently across Simon's arm.

"I... I think I'm in love. With you." he said and turned his gaze to slowly meet yours. Your eyebrows furrowed even more and you froze, still your hand on his arm. Simon's eyes began to grow restless after a few silent seconds like that and he shook his head. "Never mind, forget I said anything. I... I should leave." he said and tried to stand up, but instead, he ended up having you in his arms.

"Oh, Simon. I love you too," you muttered and clutched his shirt in your hands. He very slowly brought his own hands to your back, rubbing your back slowly up and down. You were in that position for several minutes, not talking anything, your hearts felt like they were beating in the rhythm.

"I could hold you forever", he whispered and you smiled.

"Please do", you answered, nuzzling your head to the crook of his neck. Then you pulled away. "But first... kiss me," you said and Simon did as he was told. He kissed you so gently and delicately that you wondered if you had suddenly turned into glass without you knowing. So you first grabbed him by his shirt and then brought your hands to the back of his head to deepen the kiss.

After you pulled away, he looked at you lovingly.

"Why didn't I say anything earlier about my love towards you?" he asked, as he intertwined your fingers, your skins melting away, revealing the plastic skin that glimmered against the last sunrays which came from outside.

"I don't know, maybe I'm scary", you grinned, then jokingly pouted and he kissed you again in response.

"My little non-scary monster." he murmured against your lips before kissing you again.

Even if you could feel cold, you certainly felt a lot warmer now and it wasn't for that hoodie. Simon and you were meant to be together and your wirings knew that too.

***

(The last sentence brought Wherever, Whenever play in my head :D I'LL BE THERE AND YOU'LL BE NEAR, AND THAT'S THE DEAL MY DEAR!!)

Hope you liked it! ♥