Hidden (Hank x reader)

Request: Could you do a Hank x anxiety reader? Where they try to hide the relationship at work but the reader has a panic attack & won't let anyone touch/near them except Hank. So when Hank tries to calm them down he forgets that he's at work and calls them baby/sweetheart. @xxfrankenheartxx (It won't tag you :c)

A/N: I put both of your requests in the same post because the other request is so short that I see it pointless making its own post. :D I asked my friend about panic attacks, since she's had them. She has had pretty hard panic attacks and she said that many don't have them as this bad but I didn't have any other source available, so I hope this is fine. Also, a short Hank x reader is coming right after this one is out!

Warnings: Panic attack, Hank is a synonym for swearing

Word count: 525

***

You felt it coming. It wasn't far and you knew that. Everyone's voices sounded like they were echoing and your vision was kinda foggy.

"L/N, a new case!" Fowler placed a document before you and you nodded, sucking in a shaking breath. You quickly stood up from your workstation and started to walk towards the bathroom, you gotta go there, you had to calm yourself down. You had to take your pills... fuck, they were at home.

You felt your heartbeat speed up and your knees were failing you. You couldn't manage without your medicine, you would die, you would get a heart attack and...

You felt yourself fall to the ground and you knew you were shaking and sobbing, but it was all foggy by now. You didn't hear anyone, it was quiet. You would die. You were sure about it now.

You felt as someone grabbed you and pulled you into their embrace.

"Y/N, calm down, I'm here, I'm here", you heard your boyfriend Hank reassure you, but his voice was muffled. And so was yours.

"I can't, I'm gonna die, I-I-I... I can't make it!" you practically screamed, and Hank squeezed you against him harder.

"Baby, I know you can. Here, take this." he offered you a pill and glass of water. "I always have pills for you, just in case."

You swallowed the pill, though hesitantly because you were sure in that point that it wouldn't help in anything. And slowly, the panic started to fade off. Hank still held you in the middle of the office hallway but once you were fine, you stood up, just to see all your workmates staring at you two.

"The fuck you are staring at?" Hank grumbled

"You didn't tell us that L/N is your sweetheart." Chris said and grinned. "Happy for you."

"W-what? How the fuck did you know?" Hank asked and looked at Chris.

"You called them "baby" there, when you tried to calm them down." the other officer, Jake, told him.

"Shit no, I didn't!"

"I... I think you did." you said and felt how your face was becoming all red.

"It's all right, we knew something was up. Just didn't think you'd be involved like... that. You barely talk to each other here at work." Chris said and patted your shoulder. "You all right?"

"...yeah. Thanks to Hank." you smiled at your big bear and intertwined your fingers with his.

"Guess it was time everyone found out..." Hank muttered and you smiled, wiping your panic tears away.

"Yeah." you said and saw Fowler watch you too from the platform leading to his office. "Don't worry Fowler, we won't make out on desks." you grinned, and Fowler flashed a smile, before he went back to his office. Wow, he never smiled. "At least not when there are no customers around..." you added quietly when you knew Fowler wouldn't hear you.

"You can't keep your hands off me, can you?" Hank asked and smiled at you slyly.

"Let's see what happens. Been hard enough even until now..." you said and burst into laughter when Hank tickled you by your ribs.

Poor Fowler.