Sick (Ralph x fem!reader)

Request: My last one for this time a Ralph x female human reader where she's sick and drowsy and stuffy and since he can't get sick he's really trying to take care of her and makes sure she gets rest and is fed - @artsyzar

A/N: Ralph-boy gets love again ♥ After this, there's one more Ralph and then Simon, Jerry, and Rupert before next Ralph! In case you were wondering if this is turning to Ralph only-blog XD And yayyy, I got the time and energy to write this on this evening!

Warnings: None!

Word count: 735

***

"Y/N should not try to get up!" Ralph lunged to you and tried to get you back to the bed. You groaned and coughed.

"Ralph, the work is not going to do itself, I have to make some calls and... achoo!" you sneezed so hard you fell back to the bed, hitting your head on bed's headboard. Great. Now you had a headache too. Ralph tucked you into your bed and sat by your bedside for a moment, observing you.

"Ralph... is going to make you some tea now. Y/N must not exit the bed." he said in a non-Ralphy tone and you groaned.

"Ralph, I already told you, I have wo..."

"Y/N's work must wait! Ralph doesn't want Y/N to work herself to hospital-condition. She's already drowsy and on the verge of fainting. She can't walk straight and..." Ralph started to babble, and you rolled your eyes, he had won.

"Alright! I'll stay in bed. Just for this day. Okay?" you asked, and Ralph seemed excited, he clapped his hands together, bouncing a bit at your agreement.

"Great! Ralph makes some tea to Y/N and makes sure Y/N will have the best day possible... as sick, Y/N doesn't even remember being sick soon!" he exclaimed and went to make that tea. You smiled at yourself, your dear boyfriend maybe cared for you too much, but he meant well. And maybe you weren't in working condition at that moment... you heard how tea was poured into the mug and some clangs were heard from the kitchen.

"Thank you, Ralph." you smiled at him as he placed the tray with a large mug of tea, some mashed vegetable soup and a few chocolate cookies beside you, on the nightstand. He must've done that vegetable soup earlier. They smelled so good, but you couldn't drink the tea yet, it was too hot. You took the soup and started slurping it slowly.

"Does Y/N want to do something?" Ralph asked as he sat down on your bedside, stroking your h/c hair gently.

"Could we... watch a movie?" you asked, and Ralph looked at the TV on your bedroom wall for a moment.

"Yes, Y/N and Ralph can watch a movie. What movie does Y/N want to watch?" Ralph asked, looking back at you, and you shrugged.

"Something which keeps us occupied for a couple of hours. It's boring to just sit here and do nothing besides of sneezing occasionally." you shifted your position a little and sneezed again. You blew your nose to the tissue and threw the tissue into the trash can, which was almost full of used tissues.

"Oh, Ralph knows!" he said and put on your TV. He browsed your digital movie library for a moment and then stopped by your favorite movie.

"I didn't know you'd like to see that. It's almost thirty years old!" you giggled, and Ralph smiled at you.

"Y/N has told me so much good of this movie and Ralph wants to see it!" he said and looked at you. "Does Y/N want to watch this with Ralph?"

You nodded. "Go ahead."

And after the movie started, Ralph came beside you under the sheets and cuddled you gently, stroking his thumb against your bare shoulder. And eventually, you fell asleep in his arms after drinking your tea, since you hadn't slept at all last night because of your constant sneezing, stuffed nose, sore throat, and headache. Ralph watched the rest of the movie alone, though he made sure you were comfortable in his arms. And after the movie ended, he shut down the TV and put the lights out in your apartment. Then he came beside you again, making sure you were sleeping well and comfortably. You clutched his shirt in your sleep, smiled and mumbled something. Ralph stroke your hair in gentle movements and smiled as well. He was thinking about how lucky he was to have a girlfriend like you. He was feeling you were like that protagonist and his girlfriend, they have problems, but they keep rowing through them. Just like you had done with Ralph. Ralph didn't believe in himself at first, but you had taught him to accept his scars and believe it when you said that you love him. Ralph wanted to believe that your story wouldn't end. Like it didn't end in that movie couple, either.

And boy, he really loved that movie.