Soft (Ralph x fem!reader)

Warnings: Hank (Hank is considered a synonym for swearing)

Word count: 1 003

***

The rain was pouring down from the sky, as you sat in the automated taxi, in front of your father's house. You squeezed Ralph's hand reassuringly, trying to calm him down. He looked absently out of the window, watching the rain droplets form patterns on the glass. You parted your lips a little and sighed. He was so scared of your father. He was fearing he wouldn't accept him as he was.

"What if Y/N's father doesn't like Ralph's scar?" Ralph suddenly asked and you grabbed his face, aiming his gaze to you.

"My father knows everything about scars. They can be in the outside..." you brushed your hand gently over Ralph's scar and then moved it to his chest. "Or inside." Then you were quiet for a moment, you saw Cole in your memories. Just a flash, one tiny memory but it made you smile. Cole would've liked Ralph.

You stepped out of the cab, quickly approaching your father's house because of the rain. You rang the doorbell, glancing at Ralph. And gosh, he looked so beautiful, when water droplets were glimmering on his hair, sliding slowly down. After staring at his hair for a moment, you gave Ralph one more kiss to make him a tiny bit braver, as you heard your father come to the front door.

"My girl Y/N!" your father, Hank, said and grabbed you to hug. You rubbed your father's back, he didn't smell like booze, only like pizza. Which was a good thing.

"Heyy, Sumo!" the big, furry creature came to you, crashing against you and licking your face wet. You patted it laughing and felt Ralph and your father both looking at you. Then your father turned his gaze to Ralph.

"This is THE Ralph, that you've been talking about every damn evening, Y/N?" your father said and looked Ralph who looked like he's going to pee to his pants if he had a bladder. You chuckled and took Ralph's hand to your own. He twitched slightly at the contact but then quickly grabbed your hand and squeezed it tightly, like he was fearing that Hank would get a shotgun from somewhere and shoot him.

"Yes, this is him. You'll love him, dad," you said, smiling to Ralph and your father looked you both, standing his hands on his hips, nodding and smiling.

"I damn well hope so. But, not any man could make my daughter happy. She's come to her dad, grumpy and pessimistic", Hank smiled at you, an amused expression on his face and you gently punched him to his arm.

"Dad!" you laughed and you heard Ralph let out a sound, finally mustering some courage to talk.

"Y/N is not grumpy or pessimistic. She's had Ralph to believe in himself." Ralph said and stared at Hank.

"Oh, did she now? Y/N, where's your respect towards our pessimistic and grumpy culture?" dad asked, smiling at you. You clutched Ralph's arm and guided him away from the front door. You sat by the table, Hank had surprisingly cleaned it. Or then it was Connor, who was practically your big brother. And then you realized that Connor wasn't there.

"Dad, where's Connor?" you asked and Hank looked at the front door for the moment.

"He's probably gone to store to buy me "real food", he keeps reminding me that I can't run with only drinking. But he's gonna run with only that blue blood so I can run with my fucking booze." Dad said. You knew he was half-joking though, you knew he knew that Connor wanted only best for Hank. After a moment of silence, he put on a TV. "So, what do you guys want to do?"

"I don't know, we just came chilling here. Ralph, do you want to ask something from my father?" you asked, gently squeezing Ralph's cold hand on the table and Ralph very slowly turned his eyes to Hank.

"Does Y/N's father like Ralph's scar?" he whimpered and Hank and you chuckled at the same time, causing Ralph to look confused.

"Well, I can't say I like it... but it shows that you've fought a great battle. I'm glad my Y/N has found somebody like you." he said and at that moment, the front door opened.

"Hello!" Connor came in and looked Sumo, who was laying by the shoe rack and... eating something? "Hank, is Sumo allowed to eat those cookies from Y/N's bag?"

You stood up, Hank stood up and you both lunged to Sumo.

"Oh for fuck's sake Sumo..." Hank grabbed Sumo by the collar and forced him to back away from your bag. You took Sumo then and looked at it sternly.

"SUMO! Bad boy!" you looked at his eyes and he made a puppy dog-look at you, the yam plastered all over on his nose. "Don't you give me that look, those cookies were for dad." you strictly said but then couldn't help but smile. "Oh, your eyes always give me away. Alright, you won," you said and hugged Sumo.

"You are so fucking soft nowadays," Hank said beside you. "Ralph, have you made my daughter soft?"

"N-no, Y/N has always been so soft for Ralph. Ralph loves her. She has always been soft, it's very comfortable to lie on her when Ralph has that- that anger attack and Y/N reassures him. She's very soft. She's a good pillow." he muttered, silencing everyone.

You and your dad burst on laughter and you stood up from the floor.

"Did Ralph say something wrong?" he asked, clearly puzzled and you shook your head, pulling his forehead against yours.

"No, you say all the right things and get me laugh every time. That's one of the reasons I love you." Then you kissed him and you could feel your father gag beside you. But you knew that in reality, he was a softie just like you and he was just very proud of you. And you knew he liked Ralph. Just like Cole would have liked him too.