[Ralph Drabble]

Fandom: Detroit: Become Human

Warnings: none

Word count: 775

A/N: I'm one of those who headcanon that Ralph & Rupert worked at the Urban Farms together (since WB200's and WR400's are seen in that chase scene) and the android Rupert saw getting destroyed was Ralph. Just so you'd get some concept. I hope you like it!

Prompt: A49. "Oh, I didn't know you had guests."

THIS IS ALSO PUBLISHED IN MY TUMBLR (SWANIMAGINES.TUMBLR.COM) AND I'M THE SAME PERSON AS THE KEEPER OF THAT BLOG!! (Saying this to prevent people saying that I'm a thief as it has happened before a couple of times)

Being a supervisor at the Urban Farms wasn't an easy job. Most of your colleagues treated androids badly, shouted at them, pushed them to the ground and kicked them. But you were different, you always took care of the androids, showed them affection and praised them if they had done a good job, and even if they hadn't, you guided them to do things the right way, not shouting. You had even named a few starting with the letter R - Ralph, Rupert, Roman, Robbie and Richard were your favorites to spend time with.

Your colleagues didn't get you, they always wondered why you bothered. They said that it's the same thing for you to speak to the wall. They couldn't feel pain and they didn't understand when you praised them. You just shrugged and said that it didn't hurt if you treated them like humans.

"But they aren't humans", they always answered, and you didn't bother to answer anything proper to that, knowing they wouldn't understand.

The moon had illuminated the Urban Farms, and just a few lights were lit inside the greenhouses. You were on a nightshift, taking care that everyone did their job and there wasn't any intruders. Lately, teenagers had broken in and harassed the androids, kicking and mocking them. And that happened this night too.

You heard screams coming from one of the greenhouses and you immediately knew something was wrong - wrong in the worst possible way. And as you came to the door, you saw five teenagers, laughing and holding a hot rod on Ralph's cheek. Rupert stood against the wall, his LED circling as red and you turned to him.

"Run!"

Rupert hesitated, looking at Ralph but you shoved him towards the doorway and he obliged, and you turned to the teenagers, them being startled as you stood there, your walkie-talkie in hand. They knew that you'd be calling for reinforcements and they ran away, scolding each other for not being quiet enough, for letting that android see them sneaking around.

You watched them run away, but knowing that you couldn't call for help - Ralph would be destroyed since he was so badly wounded. You had to help him.

That was the first time you met a deviant. Ralph had learned how to be afraid, and he clung to you like a lifeline once you got him to stand up, making you promise you won't let humans hurt him ever again.

You had helped him to find a hideout, and that abandoned house was perfect for the time being. And ever since then, you had dropped by almost every day, keeping him company for a couple of hours and talking through his traumas, helping him to get over his fears.

And one day you came to the house to see a little girl sleeping on the floor beside a fireplace with a woman. You tiptoed to the kitchen, careful not to wake them and leaned towards the doorframe for a bit, looking at Ralph carving RA9 to the wall.

"Oh, I didn't know you had guests." you whispered as you approached him slowly, careful not to startle your friend and he turned his gaze on you from the wall.

"The little girl and Kara needed help. And Ralph wanted to help." he answered and continued carving the A.

"That's sweet of you, Ralph. You're kind."

"Humans must not find the little girl..." he muttered and glanced at you again. "She's in danger if they find her. She's like Ralph and Kara, but she's innocent."

You glanced towards the living room and furrowed your eyebrows. "You mean she's an android too?"

Ralph gasped lightly and his LED blinked dark yellow. "She can't get hurt. They must stay here, with Ralph and Y/N."

You sighed. "Ralph, you know how unstable the situation is now. If that android hunter finds you, they'll be destroyed too. It's too risky. I can protect you, but they have to go."

Ralph blinked a few times and his hands twitched a little. You took his hand in your own.

"Can Y/N help Kara and the little girl to get to safety?" he asked and you sighed. "Canada border isn't far! And Ralph can take care of himself for a couple of days."

You swallowed. You knew that Kara and Alice wouldn't get to Canada without any help, but you didn't want to leave Ralph, leave him vulnerable to harm. But you also knew that you helping those two androids get to Canada would mean a lot for Ralph. So you took in a long breath and nodded.

"Alright. I'll help them."

---

Okay I'll start publishing DBH content here again as my Tumblr inbox has 2 DBH requests (both are prompt drabbles for Connor) right now and I have 70 requests total so it's no bother, at least not for now.

Not taking requests on Wattpad anymore because of all the hassle I had to go through with taking requests here + Tumblr, so go to my Tumblr if you want to request (google swanimagines, you can get in without an account/app and on mobile and PC). If you can't get to my Tumblr due to internet restrictions etc, you can't request, sorry.

I have to start writing that in every post because even if I clearly say it in the introduction and make info chapters about it, I quite frequently get requests, once I even got a request to an info chapter where I reminded people that I don't take requests here... it gets tiring quite quickly because people start arguing why I can't take requests here, even for just this one time, because they don't have a Tumblr account or the app and then nobody almost ever answers anything when I tell them that they don't need an app or an account to get to my blog, but it's like you can use YouTube without an account, you just can't subscribe or comment to anyone, on Tumblr you can send me nice messages or requests without an account though c; + I have a TON of fandoms there beside DBH (and more is coming) so I recommend checking it out!! You might find something else beside DBH there which might interest you.

I'm sorry though if your internet restricts Tumblr from you because of your parents/caretaker, then it's no can do :(