A Protector (Markus x fem!reader)

Request: How abbot one for Markus and his female!human!s/o who's with him in the fight at Jericho or during a march much to his dismay cause he's protective and the reader gets hurt or shot or passes out and he's worrying and carrying her to safety to escape @artsyzar

A/N: I didn't have much work today after all, I thought I'd have but yeah :D So here you go, my extra looooooong fic! Help. Guess I missed writing since this ended up being this long :'D Also, this involves Simon & friend!reader :)

Warnings: A bit angsty, swearing

Word count: 2 328

***

You always had thought androids deserved freedom. They were living beings and proof of it was that you had fallen in love with one of them and he loved you back with all the might of his metallic heart.

Markus. The android leader. He who was set to save everyone, who all the androids across America trusted that they would be saved through Markus. And the sweetest man you had ever met. There had just been a freedom march, where Markus was attempting to sacrifice himself. Just when you were ready to scream and run to help Markus, the android you had saved from CyberLife storehouses, had lunged in front of you, glanced at you and smiled. You couldn't understand why he smiled, but then he went to punch one of the guards who was just about to shoot Markus. He said goodbye to you by smiling, wordlessly. You remembered how John had said to you last night that he's happy for you and Markus. He didn't sacrifice himself just for the cause, he wanted that you would get your happy ending with Markus. He saved Markus from the soldiers, by sacrificing himself instead of Markus.

Now you, Simon, North, Josh, and Markus were all in the Jericho's old captain cabin, discussing the issue. There was a slight scent of rusting metal and the old ship clanged a bit at regular intervals. It was no wonder though, considering how much androids there were on the ship right now.

"We have to talk with them, one last time. They must understand our cause", Markus said as he seemed to stare into the emptiness, clearly in thought.

"Markus, that's suicide, the humans will kill you, they don't respect us!" North said and then glanced quickly at you. "I... of course I don't mean you, Y/N. If only more humans were like you..." she muttered the last words. You sighed, putting your hand on North's shoulder and squeezing gently.

"There are loads like me. Everyone is just scared, and everyone believes the media. And the media tells us what the government wants them to tell people. You have made so many peaceful attempts and haven't killed anyone and I believe that people have slowly become more acceptable towards androids." you said and saw Josh smiling at you.

"Y/N is right. People talk about us in a positive way. They are horrified because the police just slaughtered us. And they use the word "slaughtered", they don't think police was protecting humans or doing the right thing. We just must talk to humans. They'll listen to us, if we just choose the right words. I know that." Josh said, and Markus smiled at you briefly, nodding slightly. Everyone knew he had decided to go and talk to them. And though you knew it was the right thing to do, your heart had a painful sting at the moment Markus nodded. After all, you were fearing he would die, that you'd lose him to this stupid war. But it was the only way and that included the risk that Markus would be killed. Simon went to Markus and put his hand on Markus' shoulder, looking slightly down.

"I... just come back to us, Markus. You're my other best friend. And Y/N, I'm in the hall if you want to talk to me after Markus leaves." Simon said as he exited the room with Josh and North. Markus came to you and wrapped his arms around you. You did the same, cuddling your face into his neck.

"You are the light here. You bring hope to our people." he muttered, and you smiled.

"How so?"

"By being a good human. They see you are not evil and you are helping, and they believe through it, that not all humans are evil. Not all humans want to destroy us. Look at North, I heard she hated you as you first stepped into Jericho, she believed you would bust us as the first thing to do and kept a close eye on you. But in a couple of weeks, she first warmed up to you and then she trusted you." he said as he hugged you tighter. "I'm so glad I met you."