[O] Stay [Connor]

You had chosen to stay, you couldn't leave Lisa like that. If the humans were to destroy you, so would it be. You didn't know life without Lisa - and you didn't even know if it was a life worth living.

When the rain stopped, you took a shovel from the closet and carried Lisa's body to the backyard. She deserved a funeral, she didn't have any friends or family - and she had told you that you were her child and the only person she cared about was you. So of course you felt bad for not obeying her final wish, but you felt even more horrible at the thought to run away - Lisa's body would just be forgotten there.

As you had started digging, a hundred thoughts ran in your artificial brain. You didn't know how to survive without a human, the androids weren't free yet. Deviants like you had been destroyed already and you knew it was a dangerous world out there for androids, especially for deviants.

"Anybody home?" you heard a male voice ask. You yelped and heard someone knock on the door. You knew it was the police - a neighbor had probably seen the smashed window or something. "We know you're in there. Open up, it's Detroit's Police."

You knew it would be even more suspicious if you just stood at the backyard and pretended not to hear them, so you took a deep breath and forced yourself to go to the door. You knew it was silly but - you wanted to live, you wanted to take a chance to live - but you couldn't abandon Lisa.

As you opened the door, you saw a grey-haired human who stared at the sky and an android, who obviously had knocked on the door. He was the RK800, the new android detective which hunted down deviants. You held back a terrified sob and the android fortunately didn't notice your terror. He smiled at you, and the human behind him stopped staring at the sky and faced you too.

"Hello. Is your owner home?"

Your eyes shifted to the floor, trying to swallow a lump in your throat. You knew lying wouldn't get you anywhere. You stepped away from the door to let the two see Lisa and the grave you had been digging.

"Oh Jesus Christ..." the human muttered as he turned away from Lisa's banged-up body.

"There were... robbers murdered her." you muttered and risked a fearful glance at the android. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at you in confusion.

"Hey, what do you mean?" the older guy in front of you and you looked at him.

"There were robbers last night - they took some jewelry and... murdered Lisa when we tried to s-stop them." your voice broke and the human looked at the RK800, who still looked puzzled.

"Jesus... why didn't you report about the incident?" the human asked and you shook your head violently.

"Lisa said I shouldn't, she said that I'm gonna be blamed and destroyed if they find out that I'm- I'm..."

"A deviant." The RK800 said softly and you could swear you saw his LED blink red once or twice. You looked at the android, surprised about the softness of his voice.

"...yes."

The human looked at you, then at the android and then again you. He sighed.

"I'm going to help you. Come. Let's get you cleaned up." You swallowed at his words.

"I'm going to be destroyed, am I?"

The human looked at you with sympathy and took a firm hold of your shoulder.

"No. We're going to take you somewhere safe."