Red (Ralph x fem!reader)

Request: Heeeey, it's me Zanyyy! Told you I'd request something 👀 How about reader being afraid to expose her relationship with ralph (because androids are still hated by a few idiots) MAKE IT ANGSTTTTT. I know you already did something similiar, so I'm sorry ;-; This is 1/3, I LOVE YOUUUUU 💕 -

A/N: Evil Jenni strikes for the first time ;)

Warnings: Angst, swearing, violence

Word count: 731

***
You didn't hold his hand in public. You didn't kiss him, you didn't talk to him. You didn't smile at him. You knew the dangers and Ralph did too. You had to act like he's your android, like you didn't have any feelings for him. He was your boyfriend and androids were free, but because you didn't have much of money, you had to live in the worst area in Detroit. And that area was full of idiots who despised androids. Drug users, criminals, rapists. Fortunately, you had kept your relationship with Ralph a secret.

Or so you thought. There was this one warm smile to Ralph, one gentle brush between your hands when Ralph almost started panicking about something. One wrong person had seen it. And they told it to the other wrong people. And they wanted to hurt Ralph, because he had laid his hand on a human.

They couldn't hurt Ralph directly, because Ralph could just call to 911 through his LED if needed and they wouldn't even know if the police were coming. They didn't want to take a risk with Ralph.

But you didn't have any wonder LED. You had to take your phone if you wanted to call the police.

So, they chose you.

***

You were coming home from work, you had just bought a bottle of mineral water from the store and walked through the darkening streets. It was autumn. The wind blew gently, and wrinkled leaves crunched under your shoes. Then you heard a man snort. You kept walking, that man probably wanted you to stop and look at him.

"Where are you going, baby?" the man asked. You didn't answer, just kept walking.

"He's talking to you, bitch." some other man said, and you felt how someone grabbed you and pushed against the wall.

"Where did you leave your android puppy?" that man asked. His teeth were black, and his breath smelled like he had just drunk water from the sewers.

"I don't know what you are talking about." you said, keeping your voice calm. The man snorted again. You carefully slid your hand to your bag, you had carried a knife with you since you moved here.

"What does this pretty girl like you see in a scarred, ugly android?" he asked and your eyes widened for just a bit, before you squint them again. You spat on the guys' face.

"You little bitch." he growled and lifted you against the wall. You quickly drew your knife out, pointing it to his throat and the man let go of you, backing up.

"Stand back, fucking cunts, or I'll use this." you hissed and after a moment, they all started to laugh. Someone pushed you and suddenly you noticed that your knife was snatched from you.

"Knives don't fit you, you know that?" a man growled in your ear and you struggled in his grip.

"We gotta teach you a lesson." the other man said and punched you into the stomach. You winced in pain and they dropped you into the ground and started kicking you. Laughing, spit on your hair and pain everywhere.

Then, blood.

"No one hurts Y/N! Ralph won't let them!" you heard Ralph say and you saw a foggy image of him, as he stabbed the men and fought them. Your hero. Your love.

You felt something slowly drip from your mouth and fall to the ground. Something red. You felt so sleepy, your vision was darkening...

"Y/N's hurt..." you heard Ralph's voice echoing in your ears. You tried to smile.

"Ralph..." you managed to whisper through your immense pain.

"No, Y/N! Y/N can't die, Ralph... Ralph can't live without them, h-he... he saves you, he called the ambulance, he... Y/N? Y/N must open her eyes!"

You didn't. Crimson red liquid continued dripping from your mouth, staining Ralph's jeans. Ralph clutched your body against his, rocking it back and forth, crying on your neck. Then he laid down with you, cuddling you beside him. He brushed your bloody hair strands out of your face, he heard the ambulance, but he knew it was too late. He smiled sadly at you, before taking your body against his, hugging you comfortingly. He closed his eyes, kissing your hair.

"Ralph loves Y/N too." he whispered against your hair, before he told his systems to deactivate.

And so, you were reunited.