Perfect (Ralph x reader)

Warnings: Angsty

Word count: 601

Ralph and you sat under a tree in the park, watching how people walked by. It had been over two years after the revolution and people had somewhat accepted that they had androids living with them. Ralph fiddled with his fingers, he was clearly in thought.

"Does Y/N want to do something?" Ralph asked and you turned your gaze to him.

"I'm comfortable sitting here with you." you smiled and put your hand on his knee. "But if you want to do something, you can say it."

"Ralph doesn't. He likes being here with Y/N too," he said and smiled. Your smile widened and you leaned your head to Ralph's shoulder. He continued fiddling with his fingers and watching it was kinda relaxing.

Suddenly, he stopped fiddling and his body stiffened. Someone walked over to us.

"Hello. Do you like this park?" someone said, you raised your gaze to meet other WR600′s eyes.

"Yeah, it's really pretty. Are you... working here?" you asked and he nodded.

"Yes, but I get paid for it now. I like gardening too much to leave for another job." he smiled, but his smile died when he turned his gaze to Ralph. "What happened to you, brother?"

Ralph didn't answer at first, he glared at the other WR600 and then turned his gaze away. "Ralph is not the other android's brother." He then growled, though his voice was shaking. The other WR600 looked at you questioningly.

"Ralph... he was a gardener like you, a few years ago, I reckon. Then some drunk teenagers came and beat him, he became a deviant and he has some damaged software, which causes him mood swings. That's what I know. But he's still dear to me." you clutched Ralph's shaking hand and then it finally came to you what was wrong. "Oh. You should leave. Sorry, it was nice to talk."

After the other android walked away, you pulled Ralph into your embrace. "I'm sorry, Ralph, I should've realized that sooner. He bothered you, right? Because he was the same model as you."

"Ralph used to look like that. Now he looks like... like a monster!" he sobbed and you held him tighter.

"No, Ralph. You don't look like a monster. No one does, monsters don't look like anything, you only know a true monster when you know who they are. So you're not even close to a monster. Monsters are mean. You're not mean." you spoke quietly and he clutched your hoodie in his hands. You felt something wet coming to it and you knew Ralph was crying. You shushed him, stroked his hair slowly and placed kisses on top of his head. When Ralph finally stopped crying, he got up from your lap and looked at something for a moment. You took his hand and stroked his plastic knuckles.

"Ralph loves Y/N. Y/N doesn't know how much Ralph loves them." Ralph whispered and you smiled.

"I love you too. And that's why I'm not going to just throw you away. If someone would throw you away, they would be stupid, heartless and they would make a poor choice. You are the best boyfriend in the world, despite that you have some software damage and it makes your mood swing. You are trying and that's all that matters." you kissed him to seal your words to him and then you spent all day there, cuddling under a tree. After the sun had set, after everyone else had left, you started to walk to your home, hand in hand. And after that day, you had grown closer to Ralph than ever before.