Misunderstood (Ralph x reader)

54: " I can't stand the thought of losing you. "
77: " Are you jealous? "
153: " Put me down! "

Warnings: A bit angst?

Word count: 793

***

"Hey, Corey! Stop!" you giggled when your big brother tickled you and got you rolling down of the couch from laughter.

"Never!" he shouted and came down to you to tickle you more. You laughed so much, that you didn't see Ralph standing in the hallway, watching you. He didn't know, that Corey was your brother. And seeing you with another man and being so happy, he felt a wave of jealousy sweep over him.
"Hey, you must be Ralph!" Corey suddenly said, got up from the floor and walked up to Ralph, holding his hand out. Ralph's face twitched, his LED blinked between red and yellow a few times when he stared at Corey's hand and then he walked away. You looked after him, what had happened? Corey looked just as confused as you.

"Did I do something?" he asked, and you shook your head.
"Not that I know. But... hmm. I think I know what's up. Wait here." you walked after Ralph and eventually found him in the corner of your bedroom. He was hugging his knees and shaking violently. You sat down beside him and put your arm around him. He winced away from your touch.
"Hey, Ralph. What's wrong?" Ralph sobbed for a few times, but you patiently waited for him to open up. And he did.

"Ralph... he can't stand the thought of losing you." he said, and you smiled softly, a bit amused because you knew why Ralph was afraid of losing you.
"Are you jealous?" you asked, and Ralph shook his head.
"Ralph saw how fun Y/N had. It was about love. Different love what Ralph and Y/N have. Better." he sobbed, and you reached out to cup the side of his face, to make him look at you.
"Ralph, Corey is my big brother. It's normal I love him, he's been my greatest protector all my life. And he'd like to meet you. That's why I invited him over today. He wants to meet you, because I have told him so much about you." you said, and Ralph looked at you, surprised look on his face.
"Y/N's brother wants to meet... Ralph? Why?" he wondered, and you smiled again.

"Because he's my big brother. He wants to see the man I love. I have met his girlfriend and I like her, now he wants to meet you." you said, and Ralph seemed to light up that instant. He got up, lifted you up on his shoulder and spun you around.
"Ralph is so happy!" he exclaimed, and you laughed.
"Ralph, I'm happy that you're happy but... put me down!" you laughed, and Ralph did as you asked. He clasped your hands to his own and kissed them.
"Ralph loves Y/N so much. So, so, so much!" he jumped in place and you giggled at him.

"Let's go meet Corey, he's waiting." you said, grabbed Ralph's hand and leaded him to the living room. Corey got up from the couch and on that instant, Ralph had gone to Corey and hugged the life out of him.
"Ralph is so happy that Corey has protected Y/N, Corey is the best big brother ever!" he declared and Corey nervously patted Ralph's back. You tried to stifle your giggles.
"That's great to hear, Ralph, but... would you please let go of me... it's kinda hard to breathe when you are hugging... me." Corey said in choked voice and Ralph immediately let go.

"Ralph is sorry, he hopes Corey isn't mad at him." Ralph said, looking at his toes and Corey put his hand on Ralph's shoulder.
"No, I'm not mad at you. I'm just happy that Y/N has found a man like you." he said and smiled when you kissed Ralph's cheek. "You bring strength to Y/N and Y/N gives strength to you." he continued his speech and you laughed.
"Corey, you should get a clerical collar and then wed us if you continue that love speech", you said, and Corey smiled.

"Okay, okay, maybe a bit cheesy for me." he said, and you grinned.
"A bit? That's cheesier than everything you have said in your whole life all together!" you smiled, and Corey pushed your shoulder playfully.
"Oh shut up."
"Ralph thinks Corey is funny and nice. Y/N and Corey share a lot in common, you have the same nose and same e/c eyes!" he said and jumped again in place. You and Corey smiled at him and you pressed your head on Ralph's shoulder. After Corey left home, Ralph talked for hours how nice it was to meet Corey and you smiled. Your silly boyfriend may be damaged, but he's still dear to you. And you were ready to fight anyone and everything for him. And he'd do same to you.