Darkness (Ralph x fem!reader)

Warnings: Angst, the reader has some type of depression

Word count: 525

Ralph watered the plants, checked the greenhouse temperatures and placed his gardening tools to their box. Then he began to wonder where you were, he hadn't seen you after morning and you had seemed rather... absent. Was something wrong? Had he done something wrong? He decided to check on you, just in case you were sick. He found you sobbing in your bedroom, you had buried yourself under the blankets and the room was completely dark, blinds and curtains were drawn in front of the window and lights were switched off.

"Y/N? Ralph is worried, why is Y/N crying?" he asked, sitting on the bed and shifting beside you, before lying down. Your swollen eyes turned to look at Ralph.

"I-it's nothing, Ralph. J-just some stupid... emotion swings. I have probably my menstruation coming. Yeah. I'm okay. I'm fine." you said and tried to smile.

"Ralph doesn't believe Y/N. He would like to believe Y/N, but he doesn't." Ralph said and pulled you to the hug. "Y/N is safe in Ralph's arms."

You were quiet for a moment, swallowing your tears away.

"Why are you so nice to me, Ralph?" you whispered.

"Because Ralph cares about Y/N. He doesn't want Y/N to be unhappy," he answered and pulled you closer to his chest.

"I don't deserve your kindness," you said, scoffing at yourself.

"Y/N does. She just doesn't see that for some reason." Ralph said and started to rub your back. Your breath shook.

"I'm worthless," you said quietly and Ralph stopped for a moment.

"Why does Y/N say that?" he asked, you had helped him through his negative thinking about himself, why were you scolding yourself now?

"Because it's the truth. I don't deserve to be... here," you said and started to sob again. Ralph pulled away from the hug, rising up a bit with his forearm. After staring you for a moment, he came closer to you, kissed your forehead and looked at you with his one eye.

"When Ralph... thought about those things about himself, why did Y/N help him?" he asked and you looked at him for a moment.

"Because you are my boyfriend. I love you. And you deserve to be happy." you said through your tears and Ralph tilted his head a bit.

"Then why doesn't Y/N deserve it? Ralph has killed a man, not on purpose but he still killed him. Y/N wouldn't hurt a fly if not absolutely necessary." You were quiet at his words, just staring at him. Then you tried to smile. It was a little smile, maybe not genuine but smile nevertheless.

"Thank you, Ralph," you said to him and he pulled you into a hug again. And this time, you hugged back.

"It will be a long way for Y/N. But Ralph will help. He won't give up on Y/N. Y/N didn't give up on Ralph so Ralph won't give up on Y/N." he said and squeezed you tighter. "Ralph loves Y/N so much," he whispered.

Maybe you had done something right in this life when you got a wonderful boyfriend like Ralph. At least one reason to keep going forward. To live.