Chapter 2: Rules

He looked away from me and stared at the ceiling. A chuckle escaped his lips.

Was that a laugh? I was impressed. I actually thought he couldn't do that.

"I know, I'm a great fuck." He shrugged looking back at me with amused eyes.

"Whoa, cocky much?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hmh." He mumbled rolling over and closing his eyes.

"Oh no, buddy." I shook my head patting his back gently. "You're not sleeping here."

"What?" He asked with a deep and hoarse voice, lifting up his head and glancing at me furrowing his brow.

"What you just heard." I said getting out of the bed and putting on my underwear.

He pretended he hadn't heard me and closed his eyes again. I grabbed a pillow from the bed and threw it at his head.

"What the hell?" He turned to me angrily.

"Come on, put on your clothes." I ordered while taking his shirt from the floor and throwing it at him, landing on his back.

"What? Not even a little pillow talk?" He wondered looking back at me. He then sat up, his elbows on his knees, covered with the sheets and rubbed his face with his hands as he sighed.

I chuckled as I grabbed a big t-shirt from my closet and put it on.

He set his feet on the floor and began to put on his clothes. "You know, for you, I was willing to accept an aftersex cigarette and I don't even smoke." He said distractedly buckling up his belt.

"You are funny, you know?" I shook my head laughing. I leaned on my drawer with my arms crossed over my chest "And you don't even laugh at your own jokes."

"Why, you usually do?" He asked putting on his shoes.

"Of course. I think I'm the funniest person on earth." I replied in a duh tone. He gazed down and shook his head. "Now come on, hurry up." I gestured to the door.

"You are lovely, you know?" He mocked me. He stood up and got out of the room as I followed him to the dark living room. When we arrived to the door, I opened it for him. He stopped for a second and stared at me. Those eyes. They held so much warmness I bet they could melt an iceberg. "Why do you have such a problem with me sleeping here?"

I stiffened for a moment and my heart began beating fast. I looked away biting the side of my cheek. "I like keeping things casual, you know." He opened his mouth, surely to make a complain and I shut him up. "Besides, I'm pretty sure you snore and move a lot and you would probably crush me with all those muscles and I would like-" I saw him staring, he was listening patiently. He was so enjoying the situation, I could see it in his eyes, as his mouth formed a straight line. "Are you always this serious?" I asked genuinely curious.

He cocked his head and narrowed his eyes. "Do you always talk this much?"

"Yes, I do." I replied quickly, a little bit offended.

He sighed and relaxed his shoulders."No, I'm not."

"What?" I asked feeling dumb.

"I'm not always this serious." We stared at each other for a moment. He then turned around and made his way to the elevator. He pressed the button and the doors opened illuminating his figure. Before he got in, he glanced at me and smiled.

If I thought those eyes were mesmerizing, I had no words for that smile. The doors closed and I stood there for a moment, leaning on my apartment door, lost in thought. I then got in and closed the door behind me. I sighed, shaking my head and smiled at myself.