Chapter 41: Ring

We sat down in one of the tables outside, under a tree. I, ironically, ordered a chicken salad, like Carter did for me a few weeks ago, and Ace ordered a sandwich. Oh, and lots of fries. This time it was a little bit early so there weren't too many people to order. We were sitting down next to each other when Ace turned to my side.

"So what exactly do you tell your therapist?" He asked taking a fry.

"Seriously Ace, I can't tell you that." I said putting the fork in my mouth.

"Not even to me?" He asked like he was offended, grabbing the hand I was not using and placing it against his chest.

"Not even to you. Life is so unfair, right?" I chuckled taking my hand off his chest and patting his cheek.

He made a face, sticking his tongue out and continued eating.

"What I can tell you-" I rapidly grabbed his attention. "- is what I told to another person."

"Who?" His eyebrows knitting together.

"My mom."

"What about her?" He asked before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I told her I have a boyfriend."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked with his mouth full, opening his eyes in surprise.

"Shocking, I know." I nodded slowly fighting a laugh.

"What did she tell you?" He asked when he finished swallowing.

"At first her reaction was kinda like the one you've had now. Then she did a little interrogation and then she said she was happy for me." I shrugged.

"Yeah, you're lucky. You have a great boyfriend." He pointed at me with a fry.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued eating. "Uh, I was thinking-"

"You think?" He asked surprised.

I gave him a death glare. "Feeling funny today, aren't you?"

He laughed and stared at me waiting for me to talk. I kept on eating and looking away from him, as if I was distracted looking at people. As if people having lunch was the most interesting thing I had ever witnessed.

"So what were you thinking?" He asked impatiently.

"Oh, so now you wanna know?" I mumbled annoyed.

He wrapped one of his arms over my shoulder and put me closer to him, pressing our chests together and burying my face on his neck. "Don't get mad." He muttered stretching out the words and deepening his voice. "I always wanna know what you're thinking."

He was trying to sweet-talk me. He was even caressing my cheek with his thumb.

I stayed quiet and tried to pull apart but he made me look at him grabbing my face. Before I could do anything to escape, he crushed his lips against mine. My cheeks feeling fiery as I pushed his chest. I finally gave in to the kiss and relaxed my hands, placing them gently on his chest. His tongue playing with mine, making me feel dizzy till the point I forgot everything I was mad at.

He pulled apart quickly, without having time to notice it and stared at me serious, his usual expression. He cocked his head and raised his eyebrows. "What were you saying?"

I looked around and saw that most of the people were staring at us. They looked away when they met my gaze.

"You're an asshole." I said embarrassed, hitting his chest and looking away.

"You weren't complaining." He teased.

"Fuck you." I showed him my middle finger, trying to hide the smile on my face and continued eating.