Chapter 14: Thunder

The party was being a complete success. Everybody was dancing, drinking, talking, smoking, making out. You know, a typical party. The colour lights that Nathan brought were moving along the room, making the atmosphere even dizzier with all the smoke from cigarettes. I tried to tell people to smoke outside, but it was an impossible task. I decided to relax and worry about everything the next morning. I wanted to have fun too.

Sarah was incredibly happy, she couldn't stop grinning. Some of the people actually bought her something for her birthday and I could say I was highly surprised. Nathan, Nick and I were taking them to her bedroom while she opened them. Nathan and I would keep ours for the real date. Speaking about Nathan, he was nowhere to be seen. I think at some point of the night Daniel came and they were probably at Sarah's bedroom, since I locked mine. I didn't want any couples on my bed, to be honest. We had codes in both of our bedrooms, the same one in the main door. And I knew for sure Nathan was dying for the minimum human contact.

I was on the kitchen filling my cup -a drink I really didn't need, I was already drunk- with some whiskey when a figure appeared behind me.

"Hey." He whispered into my ear. Chills running up my back. I turned around and locked my gaze with a familiar pair of amber eyes.

"You came." I said trying not to sound too excited, doing a lousy job. My smile betrayed me.

"Yeah, I had things to do but I thought about it better. All my teammates were coming." Ace ran his hand through his hair. He looked amused as he stared at me.

"Right, your teammates." I mumbled looking away and taking a sip of my cup.

"And you. You are also here." He stared at me with those intense and beautiful eyes.

"I am." I whispered glaring back at him. I couldn't hide my smile.

"Martina!" Someone yelled from behind. I turned around quickly and saw Meghan wearing a hot dark green dress that fitted her like a glove. I was quite happy with my outfit before, I bought a black off-the-shoulder dress today, but now looking at her all I wanted to do was change into one of my big t-shirts.

"Meghan!" I smiled at her. I felt super dizzy from spinning around so quick. I suddenly realized how uncomfortable would be for me to be with Ace and Meghan at the same time. I turned to look at Ace's reaction but he was nowhere to be seen. Okay, I was drunk but that was incredibly fast. My reflexes were not that slow. I frowned confused as hell and snapped my attention back to her.

"Don't worry." She mumbled understanding my reaction. "He does it everytime he sees me." She said. I remembered the party at Ashley's where she asked me if I had seen him. Now everything made sense. I didn't know why she wanted to find him at that time, though.

I gave her an understanding and awkward smile and took a big gulp from my drink.

"This party is great. I didn't know this apartment was so big." She said wandering around the place. Well, I thought she said that, I couldn't hear her very well.

I smiled. "Are you alone?"

"No, I came with some of my friends. Well, and my boyfriend. He must be playing beer pong or something. He is really competitive." She chuckled. I nodded and looked behind her where a really cute guy just got into my apartment.

"Uh, Meghan, I'm sorry, I need to go see someone. Talk to you later?" I said smiling weakly.

"Sure!"

I made my way to the door. Carter's green eyes were searching the place. I patted his shoulder gently and he turned around and looked down at me. His smile came instantly.