Chapter 34: Librarian

"Why didn't you tell me that Ace told you he was madly in love with you?"

My door burst open and the sound of Nathan's voice made me jump on my bed and almost suffer from a heart attack.

Por el amor de Dios, Nathan! What time is it?" I put my hand in my heart as I calmed down my breathing. Why did everyone seem to enjoy scaring me so much?

"8.15 am. You must thank me though, you slept through your alarm and I believe you have classes at 9." He sat down beside me. "Well, speak. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked with a very annoying voice. I wanted to punch him in the face, to be honest.

I got off the bed and went to my closet to look for some clothes. I had to do everything quickly if I wanted to arrive to first period. "Okay, first of all, it wasn't like that." I began. "He didn't tell me he was madly in love." I rolled my eyes. "And second of all, I didn't tell you because I arrived yesterday and I was exhausted. Besides, I didn't know if you would be fine after-"

"I'm fine. I cried all I had to cry, now it's time to move on. I already have a few new boys on my list." I chuckled as I put on some jeans. He sure was something. "So, what did he tell you?" He said impatiently.

I felt a little cramp in my stomach. I frowned and raised my index finger. "Wait a second, I'm going to the bathroom."

I came out of the bathroom after a while and threw myself onto the bed and curled up in a ball, closing my eyes hard.

"What the hell are you doing, you're not going to class?" Asked Nathan bending down to look at my face.

I opened one of my eyes and waved at him. "My period came, I deserve to sleep for at least an hour more, now stay or go away, but shut up."

"Jesus girl, you are fucking adorable." I could only hear his voice walking away.

"I know, ¡Hasta luego!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking at turtle's pace to my car, to finally go home. My cramps were killing me.

"Martina, hey!"

I turned around and saw Luca, as cheerful as always. I was glad to see him, but I doubted my energy could level his. I promised myself to scare him the last time he did it to me, but I doubted I could do that right now.

"Hi!" I tried to put on my best smile. I saw he had a book in his hands. "Did you get out of class?"

"Yeah. Anatomy." He said grinning showing me the cover of the book.

"Ugh. Do you like it?" I said putting a face of disgust.

"Who doesn't like anatomy?" He smirked wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed. "Do you also want to do medicine?"

"Nope. Physiotherapy."

"That's less disgusting. I guess." I chuckled looking away.

He laughed and seemed to remember something. "By the way, congratulations, I heard you're a great teacher." He smiled putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, but we'll have to see that." I said twirling my keys in my hand.

"What do you mean? He passed." He said confused.

My keys fell to the ground.

"Ace passed the exam?" I asked picking them up from the floor.

"Wait, he hasn't told you?" I shook my head slightly frowning. He stared at me with a guilty look. "Oops." He pursed his lips. "Well, I gotta go, bye! Nice seeing you!" He said walking away and waving at me.