Chapter 8: Tie

I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling excited for some reason. I woke up at 6 am as I usually did. Even if yesterday I had a late dinner with Sarah, Nathan and Daniel at the apartment. Yes, Daniel. But I could say it was fun. Daniel was really nice. After I got up, I had breakfast and went to the gym. I came home, showered and put on some clothes and make up to go to college.

I was feeling great, I was eating well and I was in a good state of mind. Talking to my mother on Monday was like a wake-up call. I called her later that day and talked to her. I needed to know what she was thinking, I didn't like when she wasn't speaking to me. She said I needed to see my therapist again and I agreed, and I had to follow my meal plan again. Easier said than done, but I would do it. Not for everyone else, but for me.

Nathan, Sarah and I, were at the cafeteria having lunch. They were talking and taking selfies. They were even gossiping, a thing that I hated, but I was so absorbed by my own mind. I was lost in thought. I hadn't talked to Ace since the thing at the library. I wanted to talk to him. Actually, I didn't know what I wanted to say, I just wanted to see him. He couldn't just do that and leave. He couldn't just not text me nor call me for the rest of the day and the entire other day. I couldn't stop thinking about his face, serious, focused. His fingers in me as he read. His half smile and the kiss on my forehead. I needed to see him. Nathan snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Earth calling Martina."

"What?"

"You're absent." Added Sarah.

"I know, I was just thinking." I paused and stared at the both of them. "What are your plans for tonight?"

"Well, today is game day." Said Sarah.

"Uh, I think I-" I paused and played with my food on the plate. "Maybe I-"

"Say it already!" Yelled Nathan opening his eyes wide.

"I kinda wanna go?"

Sarah let out an excited yelp.

"Aren't you tutoring?"

"Yeah, but I'll do the same as last week." I shrugged and put a piece of chicken into my mouth.

"And why do you want to go all of a sudden?" Asked Nathan arching an eyebrow, looking at me suspiciously.

"Let her be! She wants to come with us and that's all that matters."

"Sarah, last time she didn't even glance at the field. She's from Spain and she doesn't like soccer. Quite ironic. I think she wants to come for another reason. Or another person."

I stared down at my plate, not wanting to meet his glare. I sighed. "Okay, maybe I want to go see him and talk to him after the game."

"See who?" Asked Sarah, searching the both of us, totally lost.

"God Sarah! Sometimes you seem to be the blonde one here and not Martina!" I frowned at his statement, but he ignored me and continued. "She wants to see Ace." He said lowering his voice.

"Oh." Said Sarah touching her lips with her fingers. She then looked at me wiggling her eyebrows and smirking.

"I just want to talk to him, you know, after what happened at the library."

"Oh my God, that was so hot. Sometimes I wish Daniel wasn't that shy and was more spontaneous and crazy."

"Yeah, Nick would never do that." Told Sarah.

"Yeah, just imagine my face everytime I go to the library now." I chuckled and they laughed.

"I'd pay to see that." Said Nathan.