Chapter 32: 240296

The answer that I'd been waiting for so long.

He was falling in love with me.

I thought I didn't want to hear those words, that I wasn't ready to let my feelings out. But the truth was, I felt like the heaviness in my heart had gone away. It became so light that I thought it was gonna jump out of my chest. I felt like I could stare into his eyes and had no doubts about him. All those 'what if's fading. A feeling of joy ran through my system. I couldn't describe what I felt for him, but I wanted to be with him, I wanted to make him happy, to see him smile. Because that smile was the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen.

I thought I wasn't ready for this. As I always said, I felt too messed up to be with anyone. But when he said those words, everything seemed clearer. I didn't want us to be friends, I wanted something more. I wanted it all.

My eyes were searching his, as I tried to find the right words to say. I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it again. I was in pure shock. He might had been waiting for a long time, because he let out a scoff, a bitter one, turned around and walked away.

I couldn't let him go. I wanted this just as much as him.

Run after him, you idiot!

I went after him and grabbed his arm. "Ace, wait." He turned around and we locked eyes. He raised his eyebrows for me to talk. He looked tired.

"I-"

"What, Martina? How do you feel about me? Tell me!" He said looking defeated.

"I-" I looked around and then glanced up at him again. "I feel the same way about you."

Best fucking feeling in the world.

If I thought my heart felt light when he told me that before, now I felt like I could fly.

He stared at me for what felt like ages. His eyes moving eagerly as they searched my face. He then glanced down at my lips and grabbed my face hard, crushing his lips against mine. I felt light headed, like I wasn't inside my body and I was just looking at myself from the outside. He lowered his hands to my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our kiss deepened as our breathing did too.

He pulled apart and breathed heavily against my lips. Our foreheads together. "Martina."

"Yes?" I asked opening my eyes and looking into his.

He said nothing. He took me by the hand and guided me towards the hotel. We walked in silence. His thumb rubbing the back of my hand. He lowered his pace when we arrived at the hotel. We took the elevator and I glanced at myself in the mirror. I looked ridiculous with Ace's jacket. My lips were now completely clear of the red lipstick and my hair was a little messy. I glanced at Ace and he was staring at me with determination. He was leaned over the wall and I was just in the middle. Our fingers so close they almost touched. His hair was messier than mine, since I ran my hands through it so many times.

He licked his lips and looked down, almost a little embarrassed before giving me a smile, wrinkles appearing in his eyes.

Aw. Just aw.

I smiled at him too. We got out and walked through the hallway in silence. Just the sound of my heels tapping against the floor. He stopped in front of a door and turned around to face me. He leaned down, his face just a few inches away from mine. So close. I closed my eyes, parting my lips. Then I felt his hand in the jacket's pocket. He pulled away and I opened my eyes slowly. I saw him looking at me amusedly and he raised his hand up to my face.

"You had the room key." He said lowly.

"Right." I laughed nervously. "The key."

He smirked and turned around to open the door. He let me walk in first and he followed me, closing the door behind him. He inserted the key and he turned on a little lamp in the corner of the room.