Epilogue (II)

"Bro, I need your help."

"Luca to the rescue, what for?"

"I'm outside your house, I'll explain you later, come on."

When Luca got into the car I threw the two envelopes to him and he stared at me confused as hell.

"What's this?"

"I don't exactly know, this morning I received flowers and that envelope came with them." I was rumbling not even stopping to breathe. "At first I didn't notice but there's a 1 written in it, and then we were having lunch at a restaurant and my sister suddenly gave me the other one which has a 2 in it, she was acting all weird and didn't tell me anything, and I'm so fucking nervous, I think this is kind of a scavenger hunt and you know how bad I am at these things-"

"Ace, wait, wait." He raised his palms. "Calm the fuck down, I can't even understand you. What's in them?"

"Read." I exhaled.

I watched as he opened them and how his face changed after the realization.

"Dude!" He opened his eyes wide and stared at me, the hint of a smile in his lips.

"Yeah." I laughed. "She's back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so it was not here. Ace, you suck at this."

"Shut the fuck up, you're not helping either. Read it again."

"Everybody seems to like you."

I bit my lip and ran my hands through my hair in desperation. "I thought it was the soccer field, I don't know, that's why most people liked me, right?"

"Maybe we're thinking it wrong. Maybe it's not you who everybody likes... but her. I mean, she was quite popular, wasn't she?"

"Wait." All these memories and moments we lived came to my mind. And yes, I had a great memory, but the fact that she wrote most of those things in that notebook she gave me helped a lot.

Luca continued mumbling. "It could be anyone, to be honest. Like a very general clue. Why the hell would you think it's you? You have such a big ego, dude."

I glanced at him after I realized and shook his shoulders gently. "I told her that, the second time we talked, I told her that!"

"I knew it was her! Where is it?"

I started the engine quickly and went outside my old building in college. We got out of the car and began to walk. It was Saturday so thank God there was not a single person around.

"This is so exciting!" Exclaimed Luca clapping his hands eagerly. "Where was it?"

"She came from over there," I signaled the way where she came from, "and I was near this tree." I gestured to the tree behind me. Luca went to the path in the other direction and I walked closer to the tree and saw a thin rope wrapping the trunk. I looked around and saw another envelope secured with it.

"Luca!"

I grabbed it and watched as Luca came running towards me. My hands shaking.

"Well? Open it!"

He looked like a kid jumping around.

"God, I'm nervous." I muttered biting my lips.

I struggled to open it and saw the 3 written in it trembling as my hands lightly shook.

"Okay. I think you look better-" I stopped when I read it all in my head.

"You look better what?!" Asked Lucas anxiously.