Part One

Tegan Griffin was an up-and-coming young actress who at the age of twenty-two had already been nominated for a supporting actress Oscar and won a Golden Globe for the same category. The past year for her had certainly been a whirlwind and she was up in the clouds. Even more so when her manager booked her for an interview on Ellen.

Tegan was absolutely delighted and nearly in hysterics to be sitting in the green room at the Ellen show. But even so, she kept on high alert, knowing Ellen could be lurking anywhere, ready to jump out at her or something. Tegan had seen the show enough through the years to know to be completely aware of her surroundings or suffer the wrath of a scare-prank of some sort by Ellen herself. She also knew that sometimes, even if you were on high alert, she still managed to get you.

But luckily enough for her, she was able to get herself on stage without being scared to death for Ellen and her audience's amusement. And somehow, just being with Ellen on that stage put her at ease, like they were old friends talking with one another. She grew up watching Ellen as a kid, so it almost felt like they were old friends, and when Ellen suggested they play a game, Tegan was unconditionally and unquestionably on board.

"So, we're going to play a little game," Ellen told her as the two of them sat opposite of each other in matching white chairs.

"Oh, yeah? I'm excited," Tegan said, letting out a little laugh.

"It's called 'Who'd You Rather?'" Ellen went on to say.

"Oh, is this like the uh, FMK game?" Tegan asked curiously, not wanting to say out loud what FMK actually stood for – fuck, marry, kill.

"'FMK'? I'm not familiar," Ellen said with a smirk, in a way that told her she was quite familiar. Tegan let out an embarrassed laugh. Oh, god. Why'd she even bring it up?

"Tell me more about this 'FMK' game. Is it an acronym? What does it stand for?" Ellen asked comically and Tegan couldn't help but let out a giggle.

"It's uh, it's kind of brash, really. You get three choices. And like, you choose one to um, go to bed with and one to um, marry and the last one is who you'd kill out of the three of them," she explained and the crowd let out an 'ooh' before they laughed.

"Wow. Graphic," Ellen joked and the crowd laughed again.

"Yeah. Uh, it's fun to play with the girlfriends though," Tegan added in, biting at her lip.

"I bet," Ellen said, pulling an almost horrified face, making the crowd laugh loudly.

"It's... it's, I don't know. It's all in fun," Tegan said, smiling out into the audience.

"Fun with a side of murder?" Ellen quipped, causing Tegan to laugh out loud.

"Now, now, come on," Tegan said, trying to settle the crowd. She seemed to be digging herself deeper and she could tell Ellen was loving it.

"Well, our game is a little more family-friendly than that," Ellen laughed as the logo for 'Who'd You Rather?' popped up on the screen behind them.

"So, there is no killing what-so-ever in any Ellen show games. We do not condone murder of any kind," Ellen went on to say, making the crowd laugh again, leaving Tegan to blush even more.

"Alright, alright. Noted," Tegan said through a laugh.

"It's more to find you a date... or a soul mate. Whatever, you know," Ellen told her with a shrug of her shoulders that was meant to be passive, but definitely came out as comical.

"Oh, wow. Really?" Tegan laughed, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Cause you're single, right?" Ellen asked curiously.