Sweet Warning Signs

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up-

My head shot up and I looked around my room through squinted eyes. My hand shot to my head to make sure my scarf was still on before I sat up.

I grabbed my phone and cut off my alarm trying to figure out why do I have it set on a Sunday morning.

I was rubbing my eyes with my left hand while still holding my phone in my right when it started ringing.

"Fuck!Hello?" I groaned out while now holding my damn chest from the sudden ringing.

"Hey Bookie! I'm calling to make sure you are up and getting ready." I fell back into my pillows and rolled my eyes at the sound of my mother's voice.

"Why would I be up on a Sunday morning...at six in the morning?" I said still a bit groggy. I heard my mother laugh a little before she spoke.

"Well didn't your alarm go off?" I yawned and reached down to start scratching my thigh.

"Yeah it did...which is weird because I never turn it on when it's the weekend-"

"I did it, it's your turn to take me grocery shopping."I dropped my phone and placed both of my hands over my face.

I could still hear my mother talking, but I was too annoyed to give a fuck! Apparently she set my alarm when she asked to look at a few pictures I took about three weeks ago...THREE FUCKING WEEKS AGO!After a few minutes of STILL having my mother yap about who knows what I picked my phone back up.

"Ma...ma...MA!"I some what yelled trying to get her to shut up.

"What girl?!" I sighed and pushed my comforter off of my body and swung my legs off of my bed.

"I'm about to get ready, be there in about an hour." I grumbled out.

"Hurry up, I want to be all of the nonsense...stamps come out today and I want to get to get my seafood before it's all gone!" My mother hung up and I rolled my eyes.

"Disrespectful ass." I mumbled while walking to my bathroom to get ready.

"I swear I though it was Bianca's turn to take you ma."I somewhat whined while pushing my mother's cart. She was looking for the right noodles to make seafood salad for my father.

"Yeah well you thought wrong...I wanted to talk to you anyway." I ignored the last part and threw out a theory.

"What if I was with a man?" My mother rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Wash your twat and bring your ass..." My head snapped to my mother and I gasped.

"MOMMY!"She grabbed the end of the cart and started guiding me towards the seafood section.

"Speaking of which...you met up with Michael again." I looked at her dumbfounded at the fact she knew.

"How do you know?" My mother gave me a knowing look before she started talking to the man behind the counter.

I raised a brow in deep thought...granted I didn't feel it was a secret that Michael was I guess back in my life, but that didn't mean I wanted to shout it from the roof top.

I made sure not to tell my little sister Bianca because...we were never the tightest and she told damn near everything.

The oldest, my brother Brandon wouldn't have gave a fuck because...he never did. He was cool with Michael, but me running to him and telling him "Hey! I saw Michael!" would have earned me a "that's what's up" and he would have kept it pushing.