No Longer In The Dark

"Okay B, what is up with you? You all giddy and shit...getting dicked down or something?" I smacked my lips at Lex teasing me and started wrapping her braid a little too tight until she stopped laughing and winced.

"Okay shit Bella never mind it...but you do seem happy...have a man?" I started her braid over and did it right.

"I mean...I don't know." I said honestly while wrapping her hair half way down and starting another.

We were in Lex's living room and I was doing her faux locs. She asked me to do them last week and I came over after work to do them since it was Friday.

"What do you mean you don't know...it's either you do or you don't. Shoot does Kari know? He'll have a whole fit if someone touches his Bella." Lex laughed out, but I kept my mouth shut...how can I tell her that he's the guy that has me blushing like everyday?

"Bella? You still with me?" She asked after I took too long to respond. I took a deep breath and let it out.

"It's Michael...or Kari...it's him okay." I blurted out while dropping the hair back in her hands and sighed.

"Excuse me?" Lex asked while trying to register what I just told her. I sat down on her couch and shrugged while closing my eyes.

"Michael and I have been messing around for months...it started out just fucking...we had a big ass blow up because I misunderstood some shit...you saw the Instagram post." Lex just nodded her head with her mouth still slightly opened.

"Yeah well after that we have been going non-stop and at first it was just sex...if we want it...we got it, but it's like...it's more. We've been going out more-" Lex stood up with her hands up.

"Hold up, yall been going on dates and shit!?" I stood up too with my hands out.

"That's just it! I don't know! Like, we never said we were official or anything! I don't know if we're out as besties or a real date...but it seems like us just having sex is turning into more..." Lex looked at me plop back down on her couch and shook her head.

"Are you two using condoms?" I bit down on my bottom lip and Lex smirked.

"Really Bella?" She asked while sitting back down in her chair.

"I've been using Plan B-" I tried to reason and this bitch just laughed at me.

"Every fucking time? Girl are you crazy?" I smacked my lips and stood up. I was almost finished with her hair and the quicker the better.

"Look...I don't know what to think-" I said while taking the hair she was handing me and picking up one of her braids.

"How about just ask him?" She asked me as if I was dumb. I stopped and glared at the back of her head.

Lex looked up and once she saw my face she couldn't stop laughing. I rolled my eyes and tugged on her braid making her scream and lean back...STILL laughing.

"Ask him what Alexis? Hey uh...I know you have been invading my uterus for awhile now, but uh...are we a couple?" I asked making her laugh harder.

"Well maybe not like that...but it is straight to the point." Lex shrugged while wiping her eyes.

I smacked my lips and grabbed the lighter off the table and burned the end and twisted it quickly before it got hard.

We calmed down and I finished her up her hair just as we heard keys and her door opened. We looked over and saw both Liddy and Michael walk in with two bags of Popeyes, a black shopping bag and a brown bag from Shoppers.