Mi Familia

"Baby I thought you said we were going out to eat tonight?" I asked Michael as we crossed the Potomac River. Michael lifted up my hand that he was holding most of the ride and put it up to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

Last week after Michael found out my boss's...well ex-boss's name, I just knew he was going to go crazy, but instead he never brought it back up and I was too nervous to ask him what he was thinking...that had me even more nervous than him going out and finding Mr. Dodson.

However I was a bit surprised and excited when Michael woke me up this morning with the news that we would be going out tonight for dinner. Right after we actually made love for most of the morning; putting me to sleep for a few more hours.

But now...now seeing we were heading into a secluded neighborhood that I've only seen on that TV show on Bravo...I didn't know what to think anymore.

"Baby do you trust me?" I was looking at all the big houses that we were passing and wondering why we were here when his question brought me back to right now and that question threw me off.

"Of course I do...are you going to tell me where we are going or who lives around here?" I asked getting a feeling in my stomach...it wasn't bad yet, but it was getting there. Michael glanced at me before looking in the rear view mirror; which caused me to look behind us...where I saw a car behind us.

"I'm going to tell you to trust me, know that I love you and our family...and I need you to be with me tonight every step of the way...don't second guess me or question me Bella...just...trust me." His grip on my hand got a little tighter; as if he was anticipating me pulling away. Even though I wanted to because he was now scaring me a bit, something in my gut...besides the baby was telling me to completely trust him right now.

"Are we going to get hurt or something?" I asked after a few minutes in a joking manner and Michael chuckled a bit; easing my mind a bit since he was smiling.

"Not on my watch baby." We pulled up to a gate and the two lamp posts on either side shined into the car and that's when I saw it. The light hit his gold canine teeth and I took a good look at him. His big gold chain was on and he was dressed in a suit...an all black suit. I watched the side of his face as he talked to a guard and blinked a few times before taking in the rest of his attire and we were in his car...which I still didn't know when he got it or where he kept it.

I looked down at myself and realized I was in all black too...at first I thought it was just cute that Michael picked out my clothes so we were matching, but now it dawned on me...this was business...his other business.

I felt my body start to shake because I didn't know what to make of all of this. Not only was he going back on his word about keeping the business away from me, but he had me in the fucking heart of it.

The double gates opened and Michael started driving up the half circle driveway while talking to me, but I wasn't listening. I was so pissed off at what he was doing that I couldn't even hear anything. I guess Michael felt the heat of my stare on his face because when he looked at me his demeanor turned a bit cold and he grabbed my chin and pulled me to him so we were face-to-face.

"Listen to me Bella. I need you to trust me tonight-" I cut him off and tried my best to keep my emotions in check and not let any tears fall from how angry I was.

"You promised me-" Michael sighed and loosened his grip on my chin a bit.

"I also promised to keep my family safe and if anyone does something to you, to make sure to handle it...I need you to trust me and not clam up on me...are you my woman?" I closed my eyes and let a few tears spill down. This felt like the time when we were younger and I saved Michael from going to jail that day...the only difference was he was asking me was I his number one and always there for him?