Shook

I sat in bed for all morning trying to wrap my mind around the fact my one fear was gone and Michael really took care of it...well "Bakari" took care of it...

I looked down at my stomach and rubbed it while sighing. The Michael I knew a long time ago...the one who talked about growing up and being top dog on the streets was now THAT GUY.

But not just in the streets...he had politicians and guards...I guess other niggas...Sterling and...Corey; whom I barely know...come to think about it...maybe it's better that way...

I finally got up and decided to do something because I knew if I continued to lay around and think about this shit...my ass will go into early labor...three more weeks... 

I walked downstairs with a slight waddle and once I was on the last step I stopped and looked around. Mya's toys were scattered around along with a pair of Michaels shoes by the couch and jeans that were flung across the chair.

I decided to go with his stuff first and went over to his pants and picked them up. I checked his pockets and once I got to the back my brows furrowed when my fingers hit something. I pulled it out and saw some twenties folded up in a piece of paper.

I unfolded the money and looked at the paper to see Michael's hand writing.

Thank you baby

I thought for a moment trying to figure out what the fuck it meant. I counted the money and saw it was a fifty in it as well...two hundred fifty dollars...

"Thank you baby?" I asked myself until I looked around and it dawned on me...

"This nigga...I can't stand his black ass!" I laughed to myself and I tossed his pants towards the steps and grabbed up his shoes...how dare he pay me to clean...AND KNOW TO PUT THE MONEY ON HIS PANTS POCKET KNOWING I WAS GOING TO FIND IT!

I walked over to the hall closet and opened the door and tossed is Jordans into the closet and was about to shut the door when I heard something pop.

I opened the door back to see what the shoes hit and saw the box off to the side was now open. I raised an eyebrow because I remember when Micheal was moving his stuff in he specifically move that box himself instead of letting the movers do it and quickly put it in the closet so I couldn't see it.

I always thought it had something to do with me and our soon to be son so I never bothered asking. I want it to continue to be a surprise for me but now that it was open my curiosity started to play with me and seeing as though I was the only one home it wouldn't harm anything to peek inside and see what the surprise will be.

I waddled over to the front of the house and peeked out the window to make sure Micheal wasn't coming home early had enough time to actually look inside and put it back before anybody ever notice...well he never notice.

I waddle back over to the closet and got down slowly on my knees the best I could and looked inside the box. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't anything for our baby but the first thing that I saw was a picture of me getting out of my car.

I blinked a few times as I held the picture up and looked at it closer. From what I could tell, it was before I was pregnant and I was locking my door ready to go into my house.

I turned a picture over to see if it was any clues or when it was taken and shockingly it actually had a date on the back of it.

"March 12, 2017" I slowly whispered to myself in utter confusion, why would Micheal have a picture of me getting out of my car from two years ago in a box.

I dropped a picture beside me and leave then to look into the box a little more and pulled out more pictures of me along with other documents that I didn't quite understand.