Dethroned

Pulling up to Black's house I saw four cars parked on the street and one truck in the driveway. I parked three houses down and cut my engine off. I leaned back and took a deep breath. If what I think was about to happen really do happen...this was going to start a lot of shit that not even I've prepared for, but the shit must be done.

My heart jumped a bit; feeling my phone buzz in my lap, I looked down to see I got a text message.

How long are you going to sit in that truck Kari?-

I smirked at Black's message and should have known he was watching me. I looked over at the passenger seat at my desert eagle, the street light hit that bitch perfectly that it felt like it was smiling at me. 

I reached over and picked it up, thinking of how many times I have used it, the teeth I have knocked out, the jaws I have broken...lives I have ended...my favorite piece...

...what will I do with it tonight?

I heard the buzz again and without looking at my phone, I quickly pocketed it before tucking my gun in the front of my pants and got out of my car.

I strolled up the street casually and made my way to the back of the house. I opened Black's wooden privacy gate and made sure to close it behind me before walking across his yard, making sure to pet Midnight, his all black pit with ice blue eyes; a rarity for pits. He poked his head up and started to stand when I opened the gate, but once he saw me he laid back down and closed his eyes. I smirked at the first time I saw his big ass and refused to come through the yard my first few times here despite him being chained to the big ass tree Black had in his yard. 

I walked down the five cement steps and tapped the door four times before someone opened it. I saw Chris and nodded my head at him before walking fully into the basement and saw the familiar faces...

Corey was sitting in a recliner while Steelo was sitting on the couch beside him. They were both looking at something on TV.

"What we watching?" I asked while squinting my eyes and looking at people running around.

"Protest going on...another shooting...another cop in the wrong...shit crazy." Corey answered without taking his eyes off the screen and I just hummed. Yeah this shit was getting out of hand...out of hand to the point people were ready to defend their own neighborhoods from police...by any means.

"They upstairs?" I asked and got three different kinds of confirmation from them. I fixed the sleeves and cleared my throat; feeling my attitude changing.

"They  here?" I asked and heard a snort before Steelo answered me.

"Only two...from how Stacey is looking, she's not too happy about that." I mocked sadness while shaking my head.

"Two showed huh? Damn...now I gotta go see who they are...and check a car bomb to see what the fuck happened." I made a "yikes" face. Corey's shoulders slumped before he laughed at me and Chris mumbled a "wow".

"Jokes...all jokes...kinda." I said while heading for the stairs to go up into the kitchen to grab a drink before heading to the den.

I looked at the display of liquor and hummed to myself. I saw my 42 on display, but that Cincoro stood out...stilll tequila right? I quickly got my glass and poured me a double before walking into the den and seeing everybody was already seated.

"Waiting on me?" I asked with a raised brow while taking my seat at the head of the table and looking around at my men before looking down at the other end of the table to see a very heated looking Stacey glaring at me.

"A few of my people aren't here yet...we can wait a bit longer-" I lifted my glass up to my lips to take a sip until she said that. I raised a brow and moved my glass a bit to speak.