The Dinner/Boss Moves

We pulled up to The Ritz Carlton and while Michael got out and button his jacket he handed the valet his keys. He walked over to my side of the car and opened it for me. He took my out stretched hand and helped me out while nodding his head and speaking to a few people walking in.

"Do you know them?" I asked while he placed my hand on his arm.

"Nope."I shook my head at his smirk and we walked in.

After being told by the people at the front door why we were there, we were guided to the room where the dinner was being held. The dinner was to name people up for promotions and to acknowledge people who would be retiring this year.

Michael opened the door for me and I thanked him while instantly seeing my boss Mr. Montu talking to Mr. Adams, one of the people retiring.

"Bella, you look lovely." He grabbed my hand in both of his and shook it before bowing and handing me a ticket.

Mr. Montu was Japanese and for the longest time we joked that the reason Rachel was hired was because Mr. Montu was her father or uncle.

"Thank you Mr. Montu, this is my dear friend Michael." Michael nodded his head and Mr. Montu bowed making us both bow again and also giving him a ticket.

"Great to see you two, hold on to those tickets until the raffle tonight. Now have fun and get drunk." We laughed while walking further into the big ballroom and looking for our table.

"This shit is fancy...yall do this every year?" Michael asked. I looked up at him and saw him looking around and smiled.

"Yup, you should see our holiday parties." I smirked while waving at a few people from my department.

"Shit I'm coming to the next one." He mumbled while we found our table.

I side eyed him and sat down in the chair he pulled out for me. I hope he knows I'm just being on my best behavior because this is a function for my job...I didn't forget the little threat he made to me on the side of the road nor the fuckery he did to even have us on bad terms to begin with.

"Bella, Michael. How are you two?" I looked up to see Morgan in a long black off the shoulders dress. The part that was off her shoulders had little crystals that shimmered when the light hit it. The dress fit her curves to her waist and flared out.

"Morgan, how are you?" I stood up and hugged her since we didn't work today or tomorrow, I haven't seen her.

"Great, I see you brought your "friend" tonight." I watched her do her air quotes and smacked my lips.

"Don't go there...where is Gene?" I asked and she rolled her eyes and pointed behind her without looking to the bar set up they had to the left of the room.

"Over there enjoy the free top shelf rum." I laughed at her annoyed face and sat back down while she took a seat next to Michael.

"So which old hags are leaving us this year?" I asked while leaning in and whispering. Morgan did the same and I saw Michael lean back to give us space.

"Well for starters...did you know Mr. Montu was leaving-" My mouth dropped and I slapped Michael's leg making him jump a bit.

"Shut the fuck up, why?" I pouted and Morgan laughed while Michael slapped my leg back.

"Bella he's over a million years old...it's time he get the fuck out." I sighed and leaned back in my chair in a bit of a funk.

"Well this sucks, who's going to be our new boss?" Morgan shrugged her shoulders while looking around the room.