Growing A Pair

"You're sure about this?" I looked up at Sterling a bit confused at his question.

We were outside of his condo, his hand was on the knob of the door and key was in the lock, but he stopped all of his movement to ask me that question.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sterling bit the inside of his cheek while looking back at his door.

"Look, I know you know him...Bella he's been a mess-" I held my hand up to cut him off.

"I know, I know him all too well and know all of his triggers...why are you looking at me like that?" I finally asked with a roll of my eyes.

Sterling didn't answer me, he just unlocked the door and opened it for me.

"Second door on the left. He's been in there the whole time...do I need to stay and referee?" I cut my eyes at him and he shrugged and backed out of the door. Once it was shut and locked I took a deep breath and started for the room.

Standing in front of the door I held my gift up, but thought about it. We have been on one hell of a roller coaster and my due date was too close to have this long drawn out back and forth with Michael.

Without a second thought I opened the door to see Michael laying in the bed with one arm over his forehead while looking at his phone.

"Bro I told you I wasn't hungry-" I smirked and placed my hands on my hips.

"Good, because I didn't bring any...bro." Michael quickly sat up at the sound of his voice.

"Fuck you doing here?" I walked over to the end of the bed and sat on the edge of it.

"I came to bring you home-" Michael laughed at me and laid back down.

"Home? That's my home still? You not too scared-" I rolled my eyes and slapped his bare foot.

"Oh will you shut up! Listen you! Yeah I may have thought beyond the worse, but nigga I just learned that bitch is dead and a few things about it I didn't need to know and on top of that found a bunch of pictures and shit about me and my past relationships! So mix that info along with my mood swings...bring your black ass home!" I looked back and glared at Michael.

Michael just gave me a blank expression while I tried to get my breathing under control.

Michael looked at his phone and back at me before hopping out of bed and moving around the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked while he kept looking around before his eyes landed on me.

"...what?" I asked.

Michael without a word walked up on me. It took everything in me not to flinch and tell myself he wouldn't hurt me.

I kept my eyes on him before he reached his hand under me;causing me to squeal.

" The he...oh." Michael pulled a shirt from under me and shook it out before pulling it over his head.

"Sooo...that's it? That's all it took?" I asked while he plopped down beside me and started putting his shoes on.

"Pretty much, if you were as scared as you thought you were of me, you wouldn't come around me. The fact you are here and giving me all of this sass let's me know you trust me-" After he was done he went to stand up, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Oh you know we still got some things to talk about...nigga all of those quote unquote coincidences that's been going on and you had the shit all planned out...including the block party...this was all a set up and for what-" I was going on until Michael got his arm out my of grasp and stood up.