Promises

"Well I see they had to hold a meeting for anyone to see you actually at work huh Brooks?" I looked over my shoulder to see Morgan walking towards me smiling.

I playfully rolled my eyes and stopped walking so she could catch up to me and we started walking in sync to the elevator.

"Girl what are you talking about-" I laughed out the question while we both got on the elevator someone was holding for us. Morgan hit our floor and looked me over before settling on my face.

"I'm talking about you have been out of here quick as hell everyday and I even asked Rachel about you and she was just as clueless as I was...well me personally, I think it's a man-" She whispered the last part while we were going down to our offices.

I sighed and kept my eyes on the numbers until I got a nudge to my side. I looked back at Morgan and saw her mouth was hanging.

"Bella?" She questioned while giving me a knowing look and I waved my hand at her as if dismissing her so called realization.

Yes it was true I wasn't staying over like I usually would. If I had work, I would take it home with me, translation...I would take it to Michael's.

I have spent almost every day with him and Mya for the past few weeks...up until a few days ago. What was suppose to be just a hit every now and than turned into whenever we could; even if that meant while Mya was taking a nap and we were in the kitchen.

Once we fucked in his truck in the Maryland Live Casino parking garage right before eating at the Cheesecake Factory...not a date, just us hanging out...I think.

I looked back at Morgan again and saw her still looking at me as if she just solved the biggest mystery in this building.

"Oh cut it out...it was some personal issues going on in my family that are now resolved...that is all." I finally said with a shrug and walked off when the doors opened. Morgan old ass raised her brow at me before sighing while following me.

"Well if that's it...I'm glad everything is fine...but I think it's more. Whatever I'll see you later." I watched Morgan walk down the hall to her office and rolled my eyes a bit behind her back while making my way into my own office and seeing Michael sitting in my chair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while shutting and locking my door. If Morgan would have followed me in I wouldn't hear the end of it, but I still couldn't keep the smile off of my face from seeing him here.

Michael smiled at me and stood up and nodded towards a bag sitting on the corner of my desk. I smiled at him and eyed him up. He had on a black sweater that had red and tan sleeves, black jeans and black timbs.

"When you told me you were skipping lunch today because of work...I thought I would bring you something since you wouldn't be able to leave...and I missed you." I dropped the three files on the chair in front of my desk and looked up at his face.

"Thank you Michael." I spoke softly while biting down on my lip.

Michael walked around my desk and stood in front of me. We stared at each other as if we haven't seen each other in years...even though it's only been a few days.

I reached up and ran my finger across his beard covered jaw while looking at his slightly parted lips.

Michael snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me to him while whispering in my ear.

"Your food is going to get cold." He said while his other hand ran down my back and pressed into the dip right above my ass and I closed my eyes thinking back to the last time I was in his bed.