Unraveling

"What does she know?" Was the first question Stacey asked me as she sat down across from me.

I kept my eyes down because for the life of me I couldn't meet hers...not yet anyway. I knew I fucked up...after talking Stacey into finally letting me talk to Bella again...all of this shit happens. 

I kept my eyes on my hands because right now they seemed way more interesting...well...that's what I told myself because I couldn't work up the courage to look at Stacey yet.

"Michael you better give me an answer and quick." I heard her say tightly and I finally looked up at her and the face I was dreading to look at was staring back at me.

Disappointment

"Someone ran up on B... but I have my men on it now...I just need her to tell me something. She says she seen him, but don't know from where-" I started rambling, but all that got me was an eye roll that made me shut up and quick.

"Well who do you think it could be...someone connected to you I'm sure." I heard the sarcasm drip from every word that passed her lips and sighed. Of course they came from me, Bella doesn't do anything to make someone want to do anything like this...

Trust me...I know.

"I never should have given you the OK to show your damn face to her...not yet anyway." I forward my brows at her words and wanted so badly to disagree, but with what was going on; I knew to keep my mouth shut.

"What did she tell you?"I finally asked while looking back down at my hands. My anger was starting to bubble over, but I knew I couldn't take it out on Ma...shit I wasn't a fool.

"She told me everything...even the guy who did it." My head snapped up at the news. I drilled Bella all last night and came up with nothing. Stacey is around her for maybe an hour and knows the nigga!? Salty would be an understatement for how I was feeling right now.

"Who is it?" I asked while standing up. Ma just smiled at me and leaned back in her chair and folded her arms across her chest.

"Same ol' Michael...you always did let your anger over power your thinking...Kari sit down...NOW!" I had my fists balled up and glared at her for a few more moments. Stacey cocked her head to the side in a daring way and I slowly sat back down.

"Look Kari. I gave up on Bink really doing anything with her life a long time ago, but Bella...she's always had her mind on getting out of the hood and doing something with herself." I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I've heard this speech far too many times and right now I was not feeling hearing it again.

"I know you love her and you want what's best for her...always keeping tabs on her through college and her jobs...constantly telling me that she needs you back in her life to really protect her and that it's a good idea for you two to be together-" I sighed and rolled my shoulders because hearing how she was talking about our conversations...me basically begging her ass to let me show my damn face was pissing me off...it was like she was throwing the shit back at me and making fun of me.

"Ma-" I started, but like always, she cut me off and I fought not to roll my eyes. Instead I just closed them and rubbed my hand over my face.

"When she had it in her mind she was moving out, I had you watch her and make sure no dumb niggas or anything else happened to her...you got rid of that damn Bruce-" I rolled my eyes at the mention of that dude's name andleaned back in my chair.

"Yeah I thought I did...the bitch is now her boss...I thought I scared Dodson into giving her a better position, but she still has to talk to him." I huffed and looked off.