Hit&Dip/Talk That Shit

It's been two weeks...TWO WEEKS since I have heard or seen Michael! To say I feel like a hit and dip is an understatement right now!

I texted and called him a few times and never got an answer. Sometimes he wouldn't text me until the next day! I would ask if everything was okay or if he was busy...want company and all I would get were one word answers...if I was lucky enough to get that.

Except one time I told him about a dinner party my branch was having and it was a bit on the fancy side. Last year I went with Bruce; of course and I asked him last week if he would like to come with me...his answer was "date/time"? I was reluctant to send it, but I did and that was it.

Right now I was downtown in Whole Foods barely listening to Rachel talk about some shit she was trying to make for her health nut boyfriend.

"Girl I don't know why I agreed to cook anything...he knows I can't boil water." I was looking at some oils and nodded my head in response to something that didn't even required one and she noticed.

"Bella what's up, you've been quite all day?" I glanced at her and saw her big green eyes looking right back at me.

Rachel was part White, Black and Asian...but all you could see was Black and Asian. She was brown skin with big green eyes that would slant at the corners. A small upper lip and a full bottom one. She was my height at 5'7 and while she didn't have much up top, she was bottom heavy with wavy jet black hair that stopped in the middle of her back.

"Nothing, just the work load I've had since Morgan has been on vacation last week and this one." I easily lied while picking up some lavender oil. I opened the bottle and smelled it before putting it back and picking up peppermint. Rachel nodded, but still didn't look convinced and sighed.

"You were so happy a few weeks ago...it was Bruce huh...he just can't take a hint huh? Always have to be in control." She huffed while smelling some oils as well. I nodded my head to her mini rant even though honestly...I forgot all about that shit.

"Hey isn't that your friend?" Rach asked. I put the peppermint oil in my basket and looked up in the direction she was looking and at the end of the aisle was Michael and some skinny dark skin girl with a long blonde weave to her ass.

I adjusted my glasses and cocked my head to the side to see them laughing and playing around.The more I stood there and watched them, the more I felt my face heat up at the sight in front of me.

"Yeah that's him." I mumbled and went back to sniffing oils.

I felt Rachel's eyes on me, but ignored it. I settled on peppermint,coconut and vanilla.

"Are you going to go say hi to him-" I kept my eyes on the shelf and shook my head no.

"Nope, he's busy." I responded flatly. Rachel leaned into me a bit more and I glanced her way.

"Is everything okay-" I sighed and cut my eyes at her making her jump back.

"Are you done Rachel?" I asked with a bit of attitude and instantly regretted it once I saw her face.

"Yeah...we can go." She nodded while I led the way to the checkout.

"Good." I mumbled.

We got in line and I was so pissed I could barely see straight...with glasses on! Rachel was looking any and every where but at me and I could tell she was nervous.

One person was in front of us when I heard her mumble an "oh fuck". I looked behind her and saw Michael and the chick behind us.

Michael was looking through candy while the girl unloaded her basket. Rachel looked at me as if I should say something and I smacked my lips. Rachel sighed and cleared her throat and I looked at her like she was crazy. Rachel shrugged just as Michael finally looked up and saw me.