✭ chapter 9

claire's pov

the bell rang signaling that school was finally over. ethan had said to meet him by his mustang outside, so i guess i'll just head towards the parking lot now.

i see chelsea, kimberly, and serena together in the hallway and i walk up from behind them.

"hey guys," i say in a cheery voice making them turn around.

"claire!" serena screams very over dramatically.

kimberly and chelsea laugh at serena being very extra and they each give me a hug.

"oh, hey, liz is looking for you by the way. she texted me saying you always ride the bus so she's wondering if you're not riding today since you're not there yet," serena says while looking at me.

i feel my throat get dry as i feel a stabbing feeling in my chest. i hate having to lie to them, if they find out then they'll never trust me, and i just want a good group of solid friends for once. i want to feel belonged.

i look down, "oh, i'm not riding the bus today, my mom's picking me up," i pause awkwardly, "i... i have a doctors appointment."

serena nods slowly examining my face while squinting her eyes, "well, ok. i guess i'll just text liz that."

i smile awkwardly, "uh, okay. i'll see ya guys later!"

kimberly and chelsea wave and say bye but serena just stands there with no expression.

i ignore it and walk towards the main door of the school, making my way to the parking lot.

serena's pov

i'm not stupid, i know claire is hiding something. i may not know her that well but it's obvious there's something going on.

i don't wanna start shit so i'm just not going to say anything to kimberly or chelsea that i'm suspicious about claire. liz on the other hand... i don't know. i'll tell her if i find out something.

"hey i'll see you guys tomorrow, i'm gonna go to the buses," i say to kimberly and chelsea.

we say our goodbyes but little do they know what i'm actually doing is following claire. this bitch is about to get busted. there's no way her mom is picking her up for a "doctors appointment"

it was so obvious from the way she was talking to me that's she's lying, she couldn't even look me in the eye.

i go out the main door and see that claire is far up ahead of me. i watch her look around in the parking lot, she was looking for someone.

she started to walk towards a red mustang that looked oddly familiar and quickly hopped in the passenger seat. i looked at who was driving, and i finally saw.

it was ethan dolan.

claire's pov

i look over at ethan and laugh while shaking my head. he's playing big money by lil skies and turned up the volume all the way. not to mention, that his mustang is so fucking loud.

"now i'm fly, she like to back it up. no surprise, now she fuck with us," he sings along and looks at me shooting me a wink.