✭ chapter 14

claire's pov

"what are you doing here?" i say in a confused and panicked tone.

she rolls her eyes, "i could be asking you the same thing."

ethan groans and slips on his shirt. he sits up on the bed and looks up at serena standing in the doorway and squints his eyes, "who the hell are you and why the fuck are you here?"

serena looks shocked, disappointed almost. i examine her appearance and see that she's dressed up and has pounds of makeup on. i observe her some more and see that her tits are hanging out of her very revealing tight black dress. whore.

she looks over at me and gives me a bitchy glare then shifts her attention back onto ethan, "lexie, the senior on varsity cheer invited me."

ethan scoffs and raises his voice angrily, "is lexie me? i don't think so. you never even told me who you are and i've never seen you before in my life," ethan slams his fist down on the bed and i jump a little.

this is terrible. this is the part when serena tells him i'm fifteen. this is the part when ethan kicks me out and tells me he never wants to see me again. this is the part where life gets ten times worse.

serena looks at me while she responds to ethan, "i'm serena," she looks down at her feet awkwardly, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "you probably don't know me because i'm a freshman."

ethan rolls his eyes, "get the fuck out! you weren't invited by me or grayson and nobody knows who the hell you are," he laughs, "sorry, but freshman aren't allowed. i suggest you leave now."

serena smirks and looks at me, "huh? freshman aren't allowed? that's strange since the bitch sitting next to you is fifteen," she laughs, amused with the damage she's doing.

i feel my heart sink down in my chest and tears filling up in my eyes. i look away from them, refusing to make eye contact.

i feel ethan shift on the bed and he turns to face me, "claire, is that true?"

i can feel the pain in his voice and it breaks my heart.

i look up at him and his mouth is open the slightest and his eyes are filled with nothing but disappointment.

i look at serena and see her cross her arms over her chest and she smirks, almost like this is entertaining for her.

at this point i'm on the verge of bawling. i decide to answer in a whisper because i know if i tried to talk my voice would crack and the tears would start flowing out all at once.

i whisper, barely audible and let out a shaky breath, "yes."

he closes his mouth and clenches his jaw angrily, "you lied to me, you told me you were seventeen. what the fuck is wrong with you? i'm eighteen, and you were like what, fourteen a couple of months ago?"

he shakes his head and yells, "get out. both of you."

serena leaves with an evil smile on her face and i stay sitting on his bed in shock. i can't seem to comprehend this.

ethan raises his voice even more after i don't budge, "i said get out."

i jump from his tone and i quickly get up from his bed. i stand in his doorway and see him bury his face into his hands.

"ethan, i'm sorry," my voice cracks.

i whisper, "i'm so sorry."

he puts his hands down from his face and looks up at me and i see a completely different ethan. his eyes were dull and empty. he looked lifeless and hurt. this ethan looked like a stranger to me.