✭ chapter 34

song for chapter: forever by labrinth + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

the warm sun streaks it's rays of light into my bedroom window on this typical sunday morning. i scroll through netflix, looking for something to watch with jade.

"ooh! what about black mirror?" jade says in an excited tone.

i scrunch my nose up and shake my head, "nah, i've already seen all of the episodes."

jade rolls her eyes, "just watch it again then, damn."

i laugh, "no, fuck you."

jade lets out a giggle as i continue scrolling through. i sit up as i get an idea, "we should watch euphoria!"

jade looks at me with a face that looks as if she's saying, 'that's not a bad idea'.

"so, yes?" i question her.

she nods, "yeah, but haven't you already watched all of the episodes more than once? i swear you've watched this show at least three times."

i shrug and hit her arm, "shut up, we're watching it."

she puts her hands up in defense, not having a problem with watching the show, "okay, okay!"

i exit netflix and go to hbo now. i scroll to my recently watched and click on the show. i play episode one, starting from the very beginning.

"i fucking love this show," i say to myself, in awe with the concept of the film.

jade sighs, "same."

we get situated under my covers and for the next two and a half hours we manage to complete three whole episodes.

i was so distracted by the television show and laughing with my best friend that the thought of her leaving soon completely slipped my mind- until now, that is.

"wait, when are you leaving?" i say to her, grabbing the remote and pausing it.

she looks at her phone, glancing at the time that read 1:34, then looks at me. she yawns, "my flight today is at seven, and the uber's supposed to be here to pick me up at five- thirty," she shrugs looking back at the paused tv, "so we still have a little bit of time."

i feel my heart sink hearing that she has to leave soon. i don't think i can deal with her gone. sure, i have good friends here now, but it's not the same without her.

lily, maddie, skylar, and hannah are amazing. i absolutely love them but i don't have the same connection with them like i do with jade, obviously.

"i don't want you to leave," i say, pouting and giving her sad puppy dog eyes.

"i know," she pauses, taking a strand of her hair and combing her fingers through it while muttering, "i don't want to leave either."

i quietly sit next to her, thinking to myself.  i don't want to have a negative effect on her due to my emotions towards her leaving.

jade doesn't exactly have the best home life. her parents are alcoholics and are constantly fighting. our entire childhood her parents often times put the bottle before their daughter; drinking was their number one priority.